Officially Ready for Ice Fishing

• mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

So its official I am now ready for ice fishing…more over excited for ice fishing. Just thought I would share my excitement for the upcoming ice season. I can honestly say this may be the earliest I have ever been excited for ice fishing to start. I woke up this morning heard we were supposed to get frost and thought I should get my ice fishing gear ready to go. Then I thought some more about what spots I can’t wait to hit early ice and where I am going to set up my houses. Now I am totally stoked for ice fishing season to begin. To think in a few short months we will be venturing out on the ice… 3 months from now I will more than likely be on LOTW catching some ‘eyes before the X-mas gring sets in…So excited might go buy a new auger today just for kix…

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I have been ready since the ice went off in April. I love the long range forecast of the cool fall temps coming up.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

I started making my modifications to my portable in june/july when it was hotter than h*** outside. My future wife thought i was crazy but I know I’ll be ready for the first trip out this year

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

I have been ready since the ice went off in April. I love the long range forecast of the cool fall temps coming up.

x2

ajw

Sold my old old lx3 last week, just placed my Reeds order for another LX5! Yea im ready to walk on water . It was 34 degrees this morning!

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Quote:

So its official I am now ready for ice fishing…

You’re just ready now? What were you waiting for?

You might find this link handy. http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?msg=Ice+fishing+2012&month=11&day=23&year=2012&hour=00&min=&sec=00&p0=159

Pretty sure the cooler weather, I was in can’t wait to get off work to get out in the boat mode for most of the summer. Now I can’t wait to get off work and get on the ice…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It was 34 degrees up nort this AM when I checked the weather for my weekend bow hunting trip. That should get you weirdos fired up.

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

yes it does but your bow hunting trip also has me intrigued. Where you going?

hnd

just picked up an lx5 off of CL for 300. its pretty much brand new. yeah i’m getting the itch.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

just picked up an lx5 off of CL for 300. its pretty much brand new. yeah i’m getting the itch.

not a bad deal. thats the cheapest i seen them go for in pre-season, normally around 350. at the end of the season, seen em for around 300. I listed mine on CL for 350 plus shipping if they wanted it shipped. I would meet them within a certain range tho… My lx-9 will be here soon

hnd

i’m in the qc. our CL sucks. my bro lives in minny. he went and picked it up this morning. they battery on it swelled up for some reason so it hardly holds a charge but our company bought about 100 battery back ups and removed the batteries(the exact same kind used in flashers) and hook up optimas so i have as many of those as i want. my brother said it looked brand new otherwise and worked.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

yes it does but your bow hunting trip also has me intrigued. Where you going?

I am lucky to have been invited to hunt north of Mora a little ways. I can’t wait to get in the stand for the first time this year!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.