Open Water Tip ups?

• fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I love tip up fishing so much, I wish there was someway to rig one up so you could throw it out on a lake, and watch them in your boat. If its legal.
    Ive done jug fishing, where you just throw them out and wait for them to move.
    I was thinking you could screw them to wood, or something that floats.

Any idears?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I think that is called a “bobber”. LOL

Gator Hunter

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

What is alot of fun is night fishing using lighted bobbers. Looks neat [the light on the bobber] and lots of fun watching a fish pull it under. Lots of fun on smaller lakes when fishing for panfish.
    Thanks, Bill

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Joe: A couple wheelbarrow innertubes should work just fine!!

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

I would think that those Polar ones, that are like 14 inches across, plastic, and circular….i bet those tip ups would float….just tie a rope to em and when the flag goes up drag it in and set it….haha. That’d be interesting

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Jug fishing is legal here in Iowa. If you need a flag, just duct tape one to a 20oz bottle and tie the line around the neck. They stand straight up in the water when a cat grabs one.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah. I just love seeing the site of a flag. Thanks for the “ideas”.

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

i either saw a commercial for, or saw an ad in a magazine for open water tip-ups that could also be used for ice fishing, or vice versa…..they looked just like the polar ones from frabill but that wasn’t the brand. if i find it i’ll let you know

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.