What are the odds…

• washburn
    Aitkin Mn

Yesterday morning on Mille a few buddies started the day in my shack and had a few fish hit the rattle reels right away. One had my lucky blue hook on it and got broke off just under the ice by a 20ish” eye. I came down at noon and one of the fish I got was a 24″ eye with my hook in its mouth! Guess it was my lucky hook to get it back 4hrs later, guess she was still hungry. Anyone else have that happen?

coletrain01
    Rochester MN

I had a trout take my whole pole under the ice before and about an hour latter my buddy caught the same one and I got my pole back. Couldn’t belive it.

kruger
    Metro,mn

More so with northerns. Ive broke off on a couple and caught them later with my sucker and hook in their gut from a half hour before…Seen it with skies too. Caught a 37inch off a main lake hump and caught the same fish later that summer off the same hump.(the fish had a very distinct scar on its back which was how I could tell)

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

Must have really had an addiction to those demons

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Last FAll on Mille Lacs had an awesome tournament day fishing Smallmouth. Caught a 19 inch fish that was just too deeply hooked so cut the line even tho I could see the top of the hook. The next day finishing the tournament I landed another 19 inch Smallie, and saw my green 8# Sensation line and my gold hook from the day before. This time it was lip hooked, and the gold hook from the day before was quite accessible to easily unhook. It swam off in perfect shape.
    It was awesome.
    Jack

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

yep was out for x-mas break. drop the rattle trap down, within 10 minutes hit 4 different times. 3 break offs, then 4th time got the rattle. got all my hooks back, was really odd. the kids were even impresseda s we did this on our fishing trip.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

I caught a LMB on a jig pole this season that had a treble hook in it’s mouth. There was no line in the hook eye so I guess someone needs a knot tying lesson.

jrcunning1

Yep-A bunch of buddies and I were fishing a small lake up north a couple years ago. Friend got bit off and the next shack over about 2 hours later caught the thieving ‘eye with the bit-off jig from buddy #1 still in his mouth…
    Wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it first hand!!!
    Heading up to northern Wisconsin tomorrow for four days on the ice….Everyone wish me luck!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.