Warm weather and ice do not mix.

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

A GMC and the rescuing tow truck went through out on Lake Onalaska today. I’ll keep the “what were you thinking” thoughts swirling inside my head.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Is that right on the backside of the little island in front of the landing?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

They’ll have to bring in a bigger tow truck to get the smaller tow truck and the gmc out.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

The bigger one will undoubtedly go through as well…

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

The bigger one will undoubtedly go through as well…

Sarcasm my friend…

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

I understand, I’m not that naive, just sayin’

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Paul’s towing has an awesome device they designed for pulling vehicles out of the ice. In this case, it looks like the device is still hooked to the back of the truck

I was just on the ice the other day. It was decent in some areas and crap in others. Suprisingly, if this is where I think it is, that was one of the “best” areas as far as ice thickness. Of course there is the matter of current going through that area. At least I know where not to drive

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

That’s a good tip up spot right in there.

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

Looks like a better spot to launch a boat now.

cnv25
    LaCrosse, WI

I was out on the lake with the atv 2 weeks ago and there was about 8 to 10 inches in most areas. I did how ever come across a hand full of spots with only 5 to 6 inches. I’m not sure if it made much ice after that but hearing about guys driving trucks out there I figured someone would go through. I think this will be the first year I haven’t driven my truck on lake onalaska.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

. At least I know where not to drive

..Ya NOT ON THE ICE.. ……..rrr

mud

HEY! I think I found my “twin” Nice avatar

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

Some people go a lifetime of never finding their twin, others regret it.-unk

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

From what i understand this was right by red pines. There is an ice heave there. I don’t know why anyone was driving in that area. 8-10 inches of soft ice at best.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

So I was off a week in another post for a vehicle going through on Onalaska, plus I missed the tow truck predication

ses
    Mississippi River

You missed the 4-wheeler and trailer as well Bret.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

And I was right on my prediction of it not being me going through Although the ice was NOT as thick as I expected with all the vehicle traffic it had been getting.

The lake looks like a ghost town now. A few vehicles goes through and people disappear

milemark_714

Quote:

And I was right on my prediction of it not being me going through Although the ice was NOT as thick as I expected with all the vehicle traffic it had been getting.

The lake looks like a ghost town now. A few vehicles goes through and people disappear

I noticed that the other day,only about 4 or so out by the landing lights.They walked out like what I would do….I may trust an ATV,but that’s it.

It looks like NASA won’t have their shack out this year,they need a truck to get it out there.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.