tip-up fishing update.

• ozzyky
    On water

Finally was able to get on one of my favorite spots to do some tip-up fishing. Deep water is near by this location. (30 ft) We are targeting these fish on the drop in 6-12 ft of water. Bass biting shallower and the pike deeper. Shiners have been the bait of choice. Before this area finally froze up we did some shore fising here a couple weeks ago. Here are a few of our better fish from that outing as well as the ice. We lost count after twenty flags. Figured we eached landed 8-9 fish in three hours of tip-up fishing. All fished were releaed and unharmed….until today when the group next to us was gaffing and putting a blade to anything they caught. I understand it’s legal but I hate watching 8 +lb pike come out of the system.

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Dang!!!! Them are some real nice pike and bass!
    Where did you say this was again

ozzyky
    On water

Forgot the open water fish. These fish were caught shallower as we can only cast so far from shore. I’d say 5 ft. or less, with the deeper water near by.

red89
    Hudson

Nice work, looks like a lot of fun. I haven’t been on a good tip-up bite in a few years really. Is this the river?

redrnger

Nice looking fish. Great catch.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That appears to be a very nice honey hole! Nice fish.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That looks like a blast

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.