Lx-7 battery usage

• hawkeye27

Just wondering how long the battery last on the Lx-7? Been kicking around purchasing one of these machines, I like the reviews but don’t see much on how long the battery last. I can fish 3 maybe 4 days straight with my vex if I had too! I like to charge after every use but don’t always happen! With all the power this unit has and the LCD screen does it suck the battery fast or can a guy fish 2 or even 3 days without a charge?

prospector
    Wyoming

Mine starts acting up in about 14 hours of use. I take a troller and a camera along with me as well. I have swapped batteries when on a longer trip. good luck! Joe

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have used one for 3 days without a charge. 1st day full charge, 8.5 hrs. Next day, did not charge it (didn;t have the cord) and fished 7.5 hrs… it sat all week, no charge, took it out saturday for 9 hours, so that is 3 days basically and it was still working when I shut it off

tenchi

My brother had his for well over 14 hours ….of straight use

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I’m seeing about what others are reporting on the upper end down to 9 hours if I have the screen brightness turned way up the whole day.

The easy fix is always another battery. Literally the cheapest and best insurance you can ever buy to ensure you’ll never be without a flasher, fish-house lights, etc.

Joel

gary_wellman
    South Metro

If the light is on, it will burn 800mA, if the light is off, it will burn 450mA.

If your battery is a 7amp battery, with the light on, you’ll burn up the battery in less than 8 hours. If the light is turned down, it will burn up the battery is about 16 hours…………..IF your battery is fully charged and holds a full charge.

Basically, no different than your typical graph sonars. For my FishElite only burns 430mA and that has GPS too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.