Slender spoon hook size?

• dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I have broken one of the three hooks on my 1/16oz spoon 3 times this weekend. Does anybody know what size they are? I was thinking size 10. I plan on replacing them to avoid this problem in the future. I’m not complaining about the quality of the hooks I just used my hemostat on them alot. Thanks, Dan. p.s. pool 10 gills love them

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I’ve had some break, too. Honestly, I prefer to only have two hooks. One spike/waxie on each hook and I haven’t noticed a lower percentage of hookups. It sure makes hook removal easier on the aggressive biters.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I do agree the hook up ratio never dropped. Maybe your on to something? I was looking at trying a beaded treble hook. Just a little twist.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Thanks for that answer Ryan. Stay with those hooks under the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” policy. However, while that’s only happened to me a few times, I’ll set those slender spoons aside to make droppers out of them. Tie a small section of mono with a small single hook, and you’ve got yourself a dynamite finicky perch/bluegill rig. Those aftermarket chains are really nice for perch too.

Joel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.