pool 10 ice??

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I am looking at making a day trip up to PDC this Sat. Is there any safe ice around?? We had guys out fishing on pool 13 yesterday but with two days in the 50s I don’t think it will be safe.

Anything you guys can tell me would be a big help

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Can’t say what pool 10 is but I was on pool 9 backwaters both Tues and Wed. Found a good 5-6 inches in both spots I fished.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Not shure what today brought I tryed to fish a farm pond and fell through getting on is the hard part. I had 4″ of ice on a few community holes I fished yesterday id check bussey lake in between bridges and greymore just be carefull was mid 50s here today

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Can’t say what pool 10 is but I was on pool 9

Its the one that comes after 9

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Bad… I wouldn’t test it, especially after a high of 58 today in PdC. Ice turned black in a hurry and won’t improve with above freezing temps overnight. It was pretty sketchy getting off this afternoon I’ll tell you that. 4 inches turned into 2.5 inches of softening ice and 1.5 inches of slush. Heard a guy went through on Gremore yesterday… don’t know if that’s true or not.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Thanks guys. I was really wanting to get out but this weather is killing me. wow did it really hit 58 in PDC today?? I live 3 hours south and we only got to 53.

Thanks again for the info and heads up

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

We live on a big sand bar..

when I walked out of work today at 6:15pm the thermometer read 50 deg betting that sun was heating up our sand

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Pdc is a sandbox for shure

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Always a bit warmer in the valley. Thermometer read 58 when we got off the ice at 2:30. Ice was hard, then slick, then slush, then black… I don’t think it will go out where we were, but it would be tough to stay dry after tomorrow.

banana1
    Bloomington Wi.

I see you fellas out there and I hope no one goes in. We need some cold weather. Be carefull.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Heard an air boat went through late last week in the Ambro Slough. Can anybody confirm?

Dan Berger
    NE Iowa

Heard that also. The person that told me said they had a heck of a time getting them out.

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Heard the same. Not sure of the details. Ice is decent where you can find it (surprisingly). Spring Lake has 3-4″ of clear good ice… a little sketch by shore but all walkable as of sunday.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.