Lake of the Woods info

• superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

I never been to LOTW fishing ever and looking for info to maybe go ice fishing up there–like to know cheapest place to stay for few days of fishing with wife and if cheaper to stay in sleeper house or whats best?? can pm with info if like–thanks

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

One of the things I liked about LOTWs was not having to stay on the lake at night. The fish dont bite up there at night and its a very long time between dusk and dawn this time of year. The wife may also appreciate stay in a cabin at night as compared to shake on the lake. I know mine would let me know how she felt about that all night long.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Like Mike said, cheaper may not always be best when the wife comes along. Seems they have different standards then guys do. At least mine does. Find a resort with nice cabins and maybe a restaurant / bar. Fishing is only a small part of what your wife will remember of the trip.

big-bird
    Prescott, WI

I agree , some of the sleepers I ‘ve stsyed in up there smell real fishy! My wife wouldn’t care for it…Stay at a nice place with a shower and someone to make her dinner !!! Restuarant/Bar !! In the long haul you’ll both be happier

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Yep, like the others have said; with the wife along it puts another whole spin on the trip.

PM me with any questions as I have been down this road a few times.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Fire up Google and check out Sportsman’s Lodge, Adrians Resort, Ballards Resort, Zipple Bay Resort and Wigman Resort (and there are many more). Then give them a call and ask all the questions you can think of. It’s been a great ice fishing year on the south bay of LOW’s. If you like to eat steak, shrimp, or something a lil’ more than burgers I’d check out Sportsman’s menu. The competition is fierce up there with the popularity of ice fishing so they will all work hard to enhance your experience…. Good luck and throw up a report when you get back…. Kurt

NOTE: Like Mike mentioned don’t bother to stay on the lake. Head to shore and relax while enjoying the good services they provide.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.