Ceilings Lifts

• roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

Any of you guys use something like this for your fishhouse?

http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=777

I have a Frabil Prowler (2) man portable and with the propane tank, heater and other equipment in it, weighs well over a 100lbs. I’ve been thinking about installing a ceiling lift in my garage so I can back in, lower the ceiling lift, slide the fish house on the lift and raise it up to the ceiling. I don’t think it matters what age you are, it’s hard on the back when your trying to lift a portable in and out of the back of a full size truck, without unloading everything out of it each time your leaving or going. The other plus to this lift is that it gets your fishhouse off the ground and out of the way.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

nope, but looks kinda handy. i am currently using two ratchet straps to keep my otter cabin tight to the ceiling.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I use something just like this, but heavier duty, works great lifting the otter up and out of the way

ceiling lift

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

My old boss used that same one for his 2 man clam, tanks and auger. He used a drill rather than their hand crank.

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

Ritter —

For that price it seems like that way to go, but have you ever noticed problems with only having the 2 hooks, as far as the house “teeter tottering”…so to speak.

I’m still pondering this idea, but even for $150 I think it’s a prodcut well worth that.

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

sorry…$165, before shipping.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

I would build my own, but thats just me.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

I use something just like this, but heavier duty, works great lifting the otter up and out of the way

ceiling lift

Ritter..
    Did you produce that video of how this lift works?

Roger isn’t your Brother in law designing something like this?

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

Any of you guys use something like this for your fishhouse?

http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=777

I have a Frabil Prowler (2) man portable and with the propane tank, heater and other equipment in it, weighs well over a 100lbs. I’ve been thinking about installing a ceiling lift in my garage so I can back in, lower the ceiling lift, slide the fish house on the lift and raise it up to the ceiling. I don’t think it matters what age you are, it’s hard on the back when your trying to lift a portable in and out of the back of a full size truck, without unloading everything out of it each time your leaving or going. The other plus to this lift is that it gets your fishhouse off the ground and out of the way.

I was thinking of purchasing this for my two shacks but after talking to the owner of a garage store, he told me to stay away. They stopped selling them because they kept breaking and not working properly. Basically he said they would not lower properly over time… I’ve never used it personally but he scared me away from it especially for the price. If you end up getting it. Let us know how it works for you and if you like it.

Good luck!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Ritter —

For that price it seems like that way to go, but have you ever noticed problems with only having the 2 hooks, as far as the house “teeter tottering”…so to speak.

I’m still pondering this idea, but even for $150 I think it’s a prodcut well worth that.

no i bought a heavier duty one than the bike model. same 2 hooks on each end, they are just further apart. i had my otter 2 man lifted up for the last couple of years with no issues. when you start to lift it off the ground you can tell if its balanced properly. if its not, just move things in the house and or adjust the clips.

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

Turkey Nate – Thanks for the heads up, and yes Cal, Matt does design these but rated for 1000lbs. I couldn’t tell you what something like that costs. May have to jimmy rig something

fishingishot
    Walker, MN

A few years ago I got one from Menards for $125.00. Right now I on it 1 magnum Otter, 1 medium insulated canvas craft, 1 fish trap pro and heaters and all the rest of the stuff. It is maxed out I don’t dare put any more weight in it. I had to modify it a bit. I have 12; ceilings and I wanted the lift to go to the floor so I replaced the cable. No big deal. I also made an adapted so I can use a battery drill. Racor is the manufacture. I would not be afraid to buy more.
    http://www.racorinc.com/Products.aspx?id=150&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

DAN J

I have 2 in my garage, they work great up to 250 lbs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.