Ice Rod help!

• Spencer Koch

I’m trying to decide between the Elliott Rods Noodle Lite rod or the 2B Ice Ultimate Nood…anyone have any experience using either or both? Thanks in advance!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

There is a difference in the power curve of the blanks. For me I don’t like split handles on my ice rods and the 34” length is just a bit too long for my portable so I would go with the Elliott.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

I like the extra length on the ult nood but I think it’s just personal preference. They both make good rods

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Rodwork, do you have a website? I really respect your responses regarding rods, providing expert opinions and not trying to sell your rods when asked about others. I think I’d like to become a customer based on your presence here.

Ty Kennedy

Is the Elliott 42 inch noodle out of the question? The rod is absolutely legit. Probably the nicest small jig ice rod I have ever used. And I’ve tried more of them than I’d care to admit

rjohnson8404

I own the noodle lite and the lite bite 2.
    Never fished the 2b rod. All I know is that the syncork makes a huge difference in feel.
    I fished the TUCR bullwhip two years ago and picked up the noodle lite so that my wife could use the bull whip and during one outing while I was cutting holes she tried the Elliot and now the bullwhip collects dust. Had to go out and buy her the lite bite 2.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Rodwork, do you have a website? I really respect your responses regarding rods, providing expert opinions and not trying to sell your rods when asked about others. I think I’d like to become a customer based on your presence here.

Mike makes great rods. I have a handful

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Problem with those 2 rods is you have only one option in length. Ones 30″ ones 34″. I have handled both and they both seem heavy for a noodle compared to some of the noodles I build. If you fish in a house the 30″ like mentioned above would work better. For the price they are asking I would look at a custom rod. Get exactly what you want in length, handle style and colors.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.