Ice report app

• Dan Baker

If you haven’t ever checked it out, the ice report app is pretty neat. It’s been fun to watch the new reports come in from the brave few among us.

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

This is going to get crowded really quick, I wonder if they remove posts after a week. Its going to be a pain sorting through everything if they leave every report up all year.

Dan Baker

I think I noticed that the reports turn light grey after a couple of days and then fade away.

King Dinger
    Mn

Thanks guys I just signed into the app. Hopefully people that post on there will be honest with the ice thickness and keep it safe for others.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I know my bro in law and others have been working his a$$ off on it to get er going for this season. Him and some other guys got it running and remember him telling me about it last year. Pretty sweet app if ya ask me and they have alot of good ideas that will come to fruition on it at some point.

At Thanksgiving we talked about how this potentially might be harmful to your fishing spots, but how the GPS works guess it gives a very general area, so not to worry. Given the Swiss cheese some of these lakes become your super secret spot you hope noone finds out about usually has been tapped 10x over before you get there anyways. Gives a general idea of what to expect and the more users the better the results.

Kudos to the guys who had an idea with the skill and knowledge to put er together. toast

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

is the app just called “ice report”?

Dan Baker

Yes, that’s what it’s called in the android store. Not sure about apple.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

My buddy told me about this app this weekend. It looks like they did a wonderful job on it. He also said if you get caught false reporting ice depths you will be booted from it.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

For some reason I can not register bawling

Bass_attack

Someone in north branch claims 39.5 inches on the app doah

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

LOL woot

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I registered today for the app. Very cool!

munchy
    NULL

DITTO

***Edit***
    Don’t think my passwords were strong enough the first few tries. Try making your password or username stronger.

munchy
    NULL

At Thanksgiving we talked about how this potentially might be harmful to your fishing spots, but how the GPS works guess it gives a very general area, so not to worry.

I’m not so sure about the “very general area”, mine is showing exactly where I’m standing….

I probably won’t be reporting much anyway, but if I did I’d probably be standing at the access to protect the few spots of mine that are not yet community holes.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cp3 wrote:</div>

DITTO

***Edit***
    Don’t think my passwords were strong enough the first few tries. Try making your password or username stronger.

That was the ticket waytogo

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

Is the app free or how much does it cost?

munchy
    NULL

Is the app free or how much does it cost?

Free….on iPhone at least….

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

It is free – just put it on. This could be cool if people use it and it erases old data fast enough.

begforeyes

This looks like a very neat and useful app. I hope people are able to keep others up to date on the ice. Especially dangerously thin areas if they are found!

Great that it’s free as well. I’ve already passed the word to four friends that have downloaded it.

Ron S

I have been trying for a half hour. So far it’s a no go. Keeps telling me my e-mail address has s not in the system. ? Any ideas appreciated. Going to tune in football now but will try app again tomorrow.

Thank you

Andrew Jenkins

I have been trying for a half hour. So far it’s a no go. Keeps telling me my e-mail address has s not in the system. ? Any ideas appreciated. Going to tune in football now but will try app again tomorrow.

Thank you

Hello, I didn’t see this post until now. If you didn’t get your issue resolved can you email me at [email protected]

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

People still using this?

I have checked it out a few times in the last week and it seems that the only thing active on there right now are trolls. Have reports in the metro from a few weeks ago saying 15 inches of ice. Im sure once the season kicks into gear the real fisherman will come back and post actual reports however it doesn’t bode well in the confidence department that the app is filled with bogus info at the moment

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I can see a few problems with this already…honest is one thing but truly it must only be used as a general guide…surely someone will venture out on this ice when someone reported it was 5.0″ and where someone fell in was 2.0″ person reported maybe 1/2 mile from different location…do your own dd (due diligence)

Gary

Think most people have that figured out, and anyone who doesn’t can get chalked up to natural selection.

gotalunker
    Zimmerman, MN

the biggest potential issue I see with it are false reports, either accidental or intentional. all users proceed at your own risk and use your brains. the reports of others are simply a potential guide and should not replace your own best judgment.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.