Ice report app – qualitative info

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

That ice report app is pretty neat and it seems to be getting used a fair amount. It would be nice if you could include a brief description along with the depth. Today I was on a metro lake that had 2″ of hard crust, 1″ of water, and then 3+” ice under that. I sure wouldn’t call it 7″, but 3 seems to undersell it.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

That would a good idea.
    It would also be nice if they attached the DNR lake maps to it.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

What app is it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried it, won’t let me register on iphone.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

The app is called “ice report”, it’s free, and all it does is allow you to report ice thickness at your gps location. There are active reports from across the nation.

Another thread had something about people not being able to register – if I remember right I think it has password requirements (include a # or something) but it doesn’t tell you that when it rejects your registration.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

The app is called “ice report”, it’s free, and all it does is allow you to report ice thickness at your gps location. There are active reports from across the nation.

Another thread had something about people not being able to register – if I remember right I think it has password requirements (include a # or something) but it doesn’t tell you that when it rejects your registration.

Try making your password or username stronger

Andrew Jenkins

Hello,

Sorry for the issues with Ice Report for iPhone. My primary phone is Android so I’m still learning on the iOS side.

If you could contact me at [email protected] I can fix your accounts and hopefully improve the app.

Thanks for the feedback.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Hey Andrew, if you weren’t so busy with this app stuff you could’ve caught alot of fish earlier this week! smash toast

munchy
    NULL

Hey Andrew! Definitely a cool app! One thing that would be very nice would be to make the report icons colored based on the thickness. So let’s say 0-3″ Red, 3-6″ orange, 6-9″ yellow, etc. That way you can check the map at a glance and see what areas have for a general thickness, then click on the icons for an in-depth report. It would make planning trips much easier than having to click on each individual icon.

Good luck with the app!

Josh Bothum

I just downloaded this… I live out in SW North Dakota and was surprised to see see some reports on the lake I fish in Dickinson. Nice job!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.