Ice in Nelson/Wabasha

• ironmike1

Are guys still walking out in the Nelson area? Looking to get on the ice for one more trip on a backwater in that area.

Thanks in advance for any info.

tim hurley

Would think every launch would be different depending on sun exposure-sand/salt on the ice, etc. I am going to try to get out too, thinking about shady accesses and will have a plan B-good luck

Jimmy Jones

All of the dike road puddles looked very shaky on Monday of this week. Many areas inaccessible.

popcorn

If you’re dead set on using the short rods you could probobly fish off the docks in the Wabasha marina. Otherwise plan on bringing the long rods and fishing from shore. It’s was about 40% open as of this afternoon and it’s been going fast.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you’re dead set on using the short rods you could probobly fish off the docks in the Wabasha marina. Otherwise plan on bringing the long rods and fishing from shore. It’s was about 40% open as of this afternoon and it’s been going fast.

Stay off of the docks in the local marinas. As the ice starts to go they’re even easier to bend/break things on as some points are iced in and others will nearly be floating as ice melts away from the warm poles in the water.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I drove down through there on Tuesday, I’d be very wary about getting out on any of whatever is left, seeing as it rained all day Tuesday while I was there. I saw mostly water, with some ice islands left out in the middle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.