Ice fishing Reports

• Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

How has everyone’s ice fishing been so far? I’ve gotten out several times now, the lakes I’m fishing have about 9-10 inches of ice. I heard some guys in the Mpls area are still open water musky fishing on Minnetonka. I just recently caught the biggest bluegill of my life through the ice. 11.25 inches. Some more 10 inchers. Also been running into some good schools of big crappie, and loads of big perch (10-15″) in the prairie pothole region of Nodak. Post your ice fishing experiences here please, I’m curious!

Attachments:
    1. DSCN3513.jpg

2. DSCN3516-1.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice job! Great fish! I’d suggest checking the ice fishing section to find all you need about gear, how bites are, and other ice fishing related topics.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

My season has been pretty slow so far only a couple of Ok trips. I’m getting out a lot because the temps are agreeable and we don’t have much snow in my neck of the woods yet. My honey holes haven’t been productive. Hopefully, I’ll figure things out one of these days.

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

My bad, guys. Meant to post this in the ice fishing section, not general discussion.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Talked to Josh from Trappers Landing at the ice fishing show, he said Leech has 10″ of really good ice. They are ready for fisherman!

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

I think I can change edit and change it to the ice fishing section…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.