Ice Fishing Gloves

• IceFishing4Life

Looking for a new pair of gloves because I recently left mine on the heater to long to dry haha. Looking for something to keep the hands dry and warm. Any opinions on any specific gloves that are good at doing both?
    Thanks

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Pair of choppers!

Bryan Myers

I’ve used a lot of different gloves over the years but the best ones I’ve used are the Striker Climate gloves for my heavy pair and then the Striker second skin gloves as the light pair I wear whenever the weather allows me to not wear my heavy pair. Both pairs keep my hands warm and dry.

I started using the Columbia omni heat liners. I use a few pair, they dry really quick.

My other “gloves” are triple stacked rasta wool>chopper>joka

Attachments:
    1. 1515119804139330795978.jpg

riverruns
    Inactive

Pair of choppers!

Follow these words. Choppers all the way.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I’ve used a lot of different gloves over the years but the best ones I’ve used are the Striker Climate gloves for my heavy pair and then the Striker second skin gloves as the light pair I wear whenever the weather allows me to not wear my heavy pair. Both pairs keep my hands warm and dry.

These are both good gloves. The Climate are especially useful for traveling, dragging out, popping holes, etc. I just got the Second Skin gloves a month ago. They’re pretty warm and perfectly waterproof, but I lack the dexterity for fine motor movements, like threading Eurolarvae and such. For that, I prefer Simm’s Exstream fingerless foldover mitts/gloves. Those are my personal favorites for actual fishing. I just wish they were waterproof.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

These military surplus mittens work well for me. I also like the fur on the back for kneeling on.

Attachments:
    1. 226983.jpg

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

I personally like the Striker Crossover Mitts for my ice fishing gloves. I usually take them off in the shack but you can wear them like a chopper when you’re setting up or traveling and then fold the top back when fishing so you can use your fingers. If you’re needing to tie on a jig or something, you can fully expose your thumb and finger tip.

Attachments:
    1. download.jpg

2. 406000-4.jpg

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

x2 on the 2nd skins. I feel like the give me enough warmth for 90% of what you do on the ice unless it’s brutal cold. The are very water proof and great dexterity, i can take bluegill off the hook usually with them but if i need to put a waxie on or something i just take them off.

tswoboda

These military surplus mittens work well for me. I also like the fur on the back for kneeling on.

You actually wear these while fishing, like with a rod in your hand? I have the same pair and use them on the snowmobile but that’s about it because they don’t offer much dexterity. Never tried fishing with them on. They’re definitely awesome gloves though; super warm and bulletproof with nice features. Great price too!

404 ERROR
    MN

My favorite pair of ice fishing gloves are some 10 year old Reima snowmobiling gloves. I was nervous when Reima was sold to Scott, so I bought 2 more pair and they work excellent and are the warmest fingered glove I have put my hands in.

If you are looking for good cold weather gloves, Klim makes good stuff also. A good pair of snowmobile gloves will work incredibly well for ice fishing, dexterity is key with these gloves. Also, the Striker Climate gloves have gotten very good reviews from lots of anglers.

Nathan Lindall
    Eden Prairie, MN

I recently picked up some of the Striker Defender gloves. The waterproofing seems perfect, they’re fairly warm, and they have surprisingly good dexterity for the thickness. The leather palms and fingers also give you a solid grip. Definitely the best (and most expensive) pair of gloves i’ve invested in.

Kevin Denevan

I use mittens that fold back on magnets have to use the ones that have the thumb that folds back to then you never have to take your gloves off to do anything

Attachments:
    1. image.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

You actually wear these while fishing, like with a rod in your hand? I have the same pair and use them on the snowmobile but that’s about it because they don’t offer much dexterity. Never tried fishing with them on. They’re definitely awesome gloves though; super warm and bulletproof with nice features. Great price too!

It all depends on the temp, but I always bring them with. If weather permits I wear ice armor gloves, or bare handed. As I get older my hands and feet get colder and I need the mittens to bring my hands back up to temp.
    A fellow IDO’r recommended these, I have been trying to order them for months and they are still out of stock.
    https://www.kastgear.com/fishing-gloves/steelhead-gloves-anniversary-edition.html

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Tuma,
    I even contacted the Company a few months ago and they said they would have them shortly. I sent them another email before x-mas and got no response.
    They sure look like nice gloves.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I have a pair of the Kastgear gloves and they are very good waterproof gloves but the problem I have with them is if you take them off and get your hand wet they’re very hard to get back on again. So I agree with Bryan on the Striker second skins gloves I really like these gloves and even though they’re not insulated they are warm to a certain extent. I have yet to get a pair of the Striker gauntlet type glove but I do have the Frabill gauntlet style which is the old Sno Suit glove. They’re warm and you can take them on and off easily even if your hand gets wet.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Thank you for sharing that information about the Kastgear glove glenn.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Can’t really beat a pair of leather choppers. Also have some ice armor gloves that have been great.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.