Ice fishing for Perch

• Tom Kolinski

I’m looking for a good lake to take my wife ice fishing for perch this coming ice season. Any recomendations would be great?
    Thanks

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

To help narrow down the tons and tons of options I have to ask where do you live and how far is she willing to travel?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

lake cascade idaho….lake Gojebek MI…..lake Winnebigoshish. different states but all are trophy perch lakes. SD glacial lakes region can’t be beat either. Devils lake? Mississippi backwaters late ice? Wisconsin has some awesome fishing too.

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

mississippi river

riverruns
    Inactive

mississippi river

Nothing around down here crazy , and the limits going to be dropping in spring of 2020. yay

Looks like Dakota’s to be the best bet. toast

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mat Peirce wrote:</div>
    mississippi river

Nothing around down here crazy , and the limits going to be dropping in spring of 2020. yay

Looks like Dakota’s to be the best bet. toast

I’m all for it – Might add SD into the mix of places to go but mostly for a change of scenery – not due to the new regulations.

zooks

If weather and/or ice conditions permit, I’d go to either North or South Dakota and hire a guide for at least a day. I’d also try to go early, like before Xmas, or mid-March and later. Good luck with what you decide.

Brad Hak

I went out to Webster for the past 6 years twice a winter to get on big perch. In our early years we did very well with tank perch and good walleyes. The last three or so years the bite has really slowed down for us. I have found that I can do about the same here in SE MN on the river. We actually headed back to northern MN last winter and despite the heavy snow late in the season had a pretty good trip. We fished 4 lakes around Black Duck. I talked with a guide when we were out to eat the last trip to the dakotas and he had talked about falling water levels and how that has a negative impact on the perch spawn… If you do head out there I would recommend staying at Hidden Hills lodge right outside Webster.

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

The “good ole days” of perch fishing in NE SoDak are over. Between the low water the last few years, bad spawning reproduction and how fast perch bites spread due to social media our perch populations are way down. Hopefully with this years high water levels the perch had a good spawn.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

The “good ole days” of perch fishing in NE SoDak are over. Between the low water the last few years, bad spawning reproduction and how fast perch bites spread due to social media our perch populations are way down. Hopefully with this years high water levels the perch had a good spawn.

Couldn’t agree more. If you want numbers of 9-11″ perch Big Stone has a crazy population. The jumbo SD Gold is tough to find anymore.

tornadochaser

You just need to fish with the shineee hineee! Then you’ll catch jumbos all day.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.