Ice Fishing Commercials

• FinickyFish

Does anyone know how they film commercials on the ice for new ice fishing products? Do they run up to northern Canada and film or are the products a year old already (or prototypes) and they use film from last season? Always been curious how they are showcasing new for 2022-2023 season products on the ice in the fall of 2022.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Prototypes from the previous ice season.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

In the late 80s I was launching my boat on a fall weekday evening at the North Arm Landing on Lake Minnetonka. As I was untying the rope to head out a car quickly came up and a guy hopped out. “Could we get some pictures of a trolling motor on your boat? You can have the motor afterward.” It was a couple of guys from Minn Kota wanting to get some pics for next year’s model. It was the same as I had on the boat and politely declined the offer. Daylight was burning!!
    So the pics/commercials come from the previous year.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Missed your chance at stardom Netguy.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

New products are always filmed the season before. Most “New” products companies put out have been tested the previous or previous two seasons and that’s when they film the commercials and all other content. Also if products are on shows such as IDO or Jason Mitchell, they are filmed the year previous as well. (Not saying IDO shows are filmed the previous year, which we all know it isn’t).

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Missed your chance at stardom Netguy.

I don’t think they would have put my mug in the shot. Just pics of the motor on a boat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.