Ice Fishing Boots

• Hartley

Muck boots hands down! I have Arctic Pro and Wetland, won’t look at anything else.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am not talking about the Alphas… the 10″ Ice Kings… you can still get Alphas on AMAZON… ?

AaronMoore

Sorrel intrepid explorer, love these boots

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I went to Gander and tried on Muck boots, could barely pull them on with that tiny tiny tiny finger slot. Once I got them on it took 15 minutes to pull the off.
    Then tried on the Baffin’s, what up with all the buckles? would have bought them if there were no buckles. How do you putt your pants on the outside?
    The Apex looks awesome, but no one had them to try on and all the reviews say they are sized to small. So I didn’t want to order them online.

When it comes to warm I would pay $1000.00 to keep my feet warm and dry.

Ended up with $69 Mickey Mouse’s

milemark_714

I went to Gander and tried on Muck boots, could barely pull them on with that tiny tiny tiny finger slot. Once I got them on it took 15 minutes to pull the off.
    Then tried on the Baffin’s, what up with all the buckles? would have bought them if there were no buckles. How do you putt your pants on the outside?
    The Apex looks awesome, but no one had them to try on and all the reviews say they are sized to small. So I didn’t want to order them online.

I bought a pair of the Baffin Impacts.Nice comfortable boot,but could not wear anything over them.You will need oversize outerwear to go over the Impacts.So I had to return them,now looking for a pair to replace my failing Rockys.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I have 2 pair of muck boots, wetlands and the artic pros. One of the assets of owning them is the ease of putting them on and taking them off and not having to bend over to tie and untie your boots anymore. At home I do use a boot jack to take them off. You do need to upsize one size with the muck boots. What works for me might not work for you, but I do recommend them. This year I am trying compression socks under my wool socks with good results. The compression do increase circulation in your feet which in turn keeps your feet warmer.

Curtis Shumaker

I have tried the artic pro this year but they are so tall and compress my calf. I maybe need to try the next size bigger perhaps. They were super comfortable. So I tried the muck artic sport which are lower cut. These were better but still not satisfied. So I orders the ice kings last night. Hoping they are the ticket.
    I have the Baffin impacts and love them but I can’t zip up my bibs over them. That’s the only reason I’m looking to upgrade.

crappieguy

I am not talking about the Alphas… the 10″ Ice Kings… you can still get Alphas on AMAZON… ?

I don’t know, I don’t think so. The Alphas are amazing, never once have I ever had even an inkling of a cold foot! They are one hell of a boot.

Jake Anderson
    South Dakota

Lacrosse Game Country 1600g boots are extremely warm, waterproof, and the Game Country Outsole provides great traction.

For a lighter boot option I would recommend a Wolverine Ridgeline with 1000g of Thinsulate Ultra

Justin Chase

Baffin or any type of knee high “muck” boots.

Curtis Shumaker

I am in need of help with a boot. I have owned the Baffin Impacts for 3 years and love them but the only issue at the moment is I am unable to zip my bibs up over them because of their bulk.
    I ordered the Muck Arctic Pro size 14 and didnt like the fact they compressed my calf so much. I wear a size 14 shoe so perhaps I just need to get the next size bigger.
    Then I ordered size 15 Muck Arctic Sport mid cut as these boots were a little shorter profile boot. These were ok just the left boot seemed like it is sized wrong because it is really tight at the ankle.
    Then I tried the Lacrosse Ice Kings size 15 and these seem to be sized way off. I put a pair of wool socks on and they are way too tight.
    I am not sure if the struggle is getting a boot that sized. I am looking at a pair of Irish Setter snow claw as these come in 14 wide. Also might look at the mickey mouse boots but they seem so heavy. Any advice would be appreciated.

russ geldrich

not sure about mid u.s. but n.w. Montana I like the muck arctic pro especially in the slush, best boots ever and fairly lite. “in response to other comments I wear a size 10 but do have a size 11 muck boot, they do tend run a little smaller, they also stretch out in the ankle area as well, bought my cold blooded wife a pair as well. “she likey” . happy wife happy life.!!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

La Crosse Hunt Pack Extreme.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I don’t know, I don’t think so. The Alphas are amazing, never once have I ever had even an inkling of a cold foot! They are one hell of a boot.

The Alpha Ice Kings are the boots I’ve been wearing for the last 3 – 4 years…. love them. Sad to hear they’re not made any longer because I have a cut through the rubber on my left boot that is leaking which means I’ll be needing a new set sooner than later. I did a quick look around on Amazon and didn’t find anything listed for the Alpha Ice Kings.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I swear I seen a pair of Alphas doing an Amazon search a couple weeks ago… might have been a holdover pair though. crazy

Tom Scott

X5 on the Lacrosse Ice Kings!
    had mine over 10 years.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I bought a pair of the Baffin Impacts.Nice comfortable boot,but could not wear anything over them.You will need oversize outerwear to go over the Impacts.

I have read that on other sites also…My Frabill bibs fit over them, but I don’t think my Carhartt Extremes would…
    I like how high they come up on my calf and the tread but the big thing,for me,was the weight.
    La Crosse,Sorrel,Cabela’s and especially Mickey’s(darn warm but 53oz each!)are all great,but just too heavy for me.
    Mucks are good too, but a slip-on is just not for me…
    wave

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have the Apex. Love them!

X2 – Best boot you will find for warmth

On sale at Cabelas
    Back to Previous Page

Shown: Black/Brown

Baffin® Apex Pac Boots

$5 Shipping on orders of $99 or more. Click here for more details

Regular Price: $249.99 Sale Price: $174.99

Qty: Item: IK-818709

Step 1: Select SIZE8910121314

Step 2: Select COLORBLACK/BROWN

Step 3: Select WIDTHMEDIUM – $174.99 – Limited Stock

Todd Hanson

Norfin from Thorne Bros great price good to -40 light weight water proof and the have a built in spike in the heal!!!! Love mine

bdmac

After reading all the good things about Baffin, here and other places, I ordered a pair of Baffin Snow Monsters. Very happy with them so far. Extremely warm and surprisingly light weight!

Hugo Despres

I got the Cabela’s Trans-Alaska III….I tell you what, these boots cannot be matched by any mean….Once I was involved in a forum discussion on what was the best ice boots. Somebody said that 47 out of 50 mushers on the Iditarod trail sled dog race were wearing these boots. This fact convinced me to try them and I’ve never regretted it.

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.