Ice conditions?

• Chris Cantey
    Eagan, MN

I went out scouting Rice and Le Sueur counties, south of the metro and found about 1″ to 2″ of ice on small/fairly shallow bodies of water…3″ on one slough/lake. All were covered completely, too risky for me – maybe by tomorrow they will have 2″ to 3″? But the forecast doesn’t look to good beyond today, through 2015.

monstermatt
    Minnesota

I was also out scouting today in the Burnsville/Apple valley area and the most I found was 2 inches. Too sketchy for me. I guess it will be after the new year here in the metro.:???:

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

GEEEEEEEEEZE – 40’s tomorrow: cry

mozy
    LQP

Have 4-5″ in west central MN and fished for the first time today. It got down below zero last, so it made some good ice last 24 hours.

nubbinbuck

There was a guy on the south end of Medicine Lake this morning. Out about 75 yards or so. NUTS!

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

There was a guy on the south end of Medicine Lake this morning. Out about 75 yards or so. NUTS!

I heard that from the Tim at Wayzata Bait also….

dbright
    Cambridge

I have not made it out since the Sunday after thanksgiving and I don’t know if I am for or against it. I like ice fishing but I really like boating.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

White Bear Lake and Bald Eagle are almost locked up. Not safe yet but we’re getting close. I’m going to try a very small lake in the Mahtomedi Oakdale area this weekend. Be careful out there!

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Little Rock and some lakes out towards cold spring are locking up, was out on little Rock last night, there’s lots of fish there, and the pine Ridge grocery store is out of fatheads, managed 2 eyes and a handful of keeper perch in a little under an hour. Did it all without any bait of any type, I wasn’t gonna drive 30 mins when I didn’t have much time to begin with, just had to cure my urge!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.