Ice condition Alma

• muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Hello everyone it’s been awhile since I’ve posted on this site ! I was wondering if any one has ice conditions for Alma backwaters Beef slough area. Thanks

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Guess I’m taking a drive! To check ice.

riverruns
    Inactive

Let us know what you find out thanks waytogo

bigpike

Used to be a pretty big group from Alma area that frequented here. Guess they moved on.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’d be curious myself. Used to fish those sloughs years back. Guessing at least another week or 2 before I try it.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

When the railroad started to enforce the trespass law regarding crossing their track I think a lot of things changed for the anglers. Beef Slough, if I’m not mistaken, is above where so many fished south of Alma and can be gotten to without crossing the tracks.

Lots of people posted for the Alma area at one time and some still drop in but once the cold weather comes along Alma seems to fall by the wayside except for the MN side of the river and the backwaters found there. West Newton still gets some ice action but it can be real hit or miss.

Its early yet and I’d imagine people will have better reports once known ice is available.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Thanks for the information. Been fishing that area since my college days love exploring and catching Panfish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.