Ice Cleats

• Ny
    N Metro

I am looking for a pair of ice cleats that will fit over my huge size 13 Cabelas Predator boots. Everything that I seem to find doesn’t fit my boots.

Matt Ny

yaktrax xtr goofball me, buck, and jonesy have them!

frank z

go to sierra trading post.com snowline chainsen pro 2xl best deal going 30 bucks great cleats

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I am looking for a pair of ice cleats that will fit over my huge size 13 Cabelas Predator boots. Everything that I seem to find doesn’t fit my boots.

I wear 16’s and I wear kahtoolas.

They now have a bigger size kahtoolas which will fit my boots even better… But even the original ones fit…

So since they’re the best cleats and they fit my boots you’ll be good.

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

I had a couple pairs of the Yaktrax Pros. They didn’t last very long. The rubber strapping under the sole of the boot broke pretty quickly on both pairs. The diamond grip and xtr versions appear to mitigate that problem, but I haven’t tried them myself.

Kahtoolas look like they’re built to outlast the Yaktrax Pros as well.

Whatever you chose to get, I’d avoid any that rely on anything but metal beneath the sole of the boot.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

A word on yaktrax pros — pick one pair of boots/shoes to use them with. I had a pair that I used for winter trail running and they worked great until I tried them on my boots and stretched ’em out. 2 hours of boot use and they never fit properly on my shoes again.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

go to sierra trading post.com snowline chainsen pro 2xl best deal going 30 bucks great cleats

I’m going to give these a try. From reading reviews, the appear to be a direct knock-off of the Microspikes that “look and work like they’re from the same factory”.

Try ‘sierraship17’ for free shipping. $30 shipped.

broman

Whatever you get, make sure they cover the bottom of the entire boot. Some only cover the front and not the heel.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I just ordered a pair of Universal Crampons microspikes off Amazon for 17.00. They got good reviews and of course they look just like Kahtoolas. My Kahtoolas broke last year so I thought what the heck I’ll try them. We’ll see how long they hold up.

broman

I just ordered a pair of Universal Crampons microspikes off Amazon for 17.00. They got good reviews and of course they look just like Kahtoolas. My Kahtoolas broke last year so I thought what the heck I’ll try them. We’ll see how long they hold up.

Hard to go wrong at that price.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Crampons fit on my #12 Mickey Mouse boots.

gotalunker
    Zimmerman, MN

i use yaktrax chains

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

Kahtoola Micro Spikes are all I will use. nothing can beat them in my opinion.

craig s

Found the kahtoola micro spikes last winter. Awesome!!

sktrwx2200

What size boot and what style boot do your 2xl fit over?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I like the diamond grip. They slip just enough to feel right.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

just placed an order for the ice trekker diamond grip cleats a few minutes ago. Should be arriving just in time for ice

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I originally used a pair of Kahtoolas. These lasted 3 season before breaking.

I’m now onto my 5th season with the same pair of YakTrax and they seem like they will have another season or two in them.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>frank z wrote:</div>

I’m going to give these a try. From reading reviews, the appear to be a direct knock-off of the Microspikes that “look and work like they’re from the same factory”.

Try ‘sierraship17’ for free shipping. $30 shipped.

Snowline actually owns the patent under which the original Kahtoola Microspikes were made. Snowline Chainsens are the original and Kahtoola was there North America distributor. Their deal is now over and Kahtoolas are made at a different factory outside of Korea. The design has changed slightly and overall quality has gone down.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Somebody on IDO did a comparison between the diamond cleat and plain chain last year. Said they were very similar so spending extra on the diamond was not necessary. I bought chain last year in a smaller size to fit hunting boots or my wifes snow boots but have yet to use them. Both models are great products.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

I ordered the Ice Trekker Diamond’s and used them last weekend. They worked great. I was worried the XL would be too big, but they barely fit over my size 12 Baffin Eiger boot. I hoping that the rubber holds out.

Aaron Drier

Ice Hopper Creepers fit my size 14 Baffins, with no problems. Sportsman Direct carries them for $50

navtiller
    chippewa falls

I wear size 15 Danner Pronghorns and absolutely love the Kahtoola Microspikes….won’t go on the ice without them

papaperch

Going a different route this year on my mickey mouse boots. Installed spikes used for snowmobile tracks. well under 20 for quite a few of them. Installed about 20 per boot. Will let everyone know if they work well.

I walked around on concrete after installing and hardly knew they were there. So comfort should not be a problem. Supposed to be vastly superior for this purpose than plain sheet metal screws

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Somebody on IDO did a comparison between the diamond cleat and plain chain last year. Said they were very similar so spending extra on the diamond was not necessary. I bought chain last year in a smaller size to fit hunting boots or my wifes snow boots but have yet to use them. Both models are great products.

That was me. My dad and I wore one of each type and couldn’t tell the difference. We were forgetting which foot had the Diamond and which had the plain chain.

Josh Hedstrom

I just wanted to come back and say, now after deciding to buy the Kahtoola’s thank you to all you recommended them. I have to say, these are one of the best purchases I have made for ice fishing.

papaperch

Last year while checking on my equipment. Pulled my Mickey Mouse boots down off the shelf. The Kahtoolas plastic upper straps had dry rotted and fell apart in my hand. I emailed the company about it and to my surprise they sent me a replacement pair free of charge.

Since they were a bear to stretch over my size 13 xw mickeys. I didn’t want something I had to take off. The company advised me not let them on over the off season. So I sold the replacement pair to recover my investment.

Sent away for some snowmobile belt studs. Only got to use them twice last year. So can’t give a full recommendation just yet. Maybe if get decent ice season here in ohio can give thumbs up or down.

Mike Parry

Kahtoola microspike. Period! You could run wide receiver routes out there on glare ice with those things! They are also a great company to work with. Last year I lost one of them while trudging through some really deep snow and brush. I emailed them and they sent me a replacement for the lost set with no questions asked.

DRH1175

I use the Yaktrak pro on my 12 Baffins and they work great.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.