Trout are biting

• Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Friday I was headed for Clear Lake but made a change in plans due to the cold and windy conditions. Headed for a few trout streams instead and that turned into a good decision.

Started off over at Fountain Springs then made a visit to Richmond Springs and ended at Joy Springs. Camped overnite and came home today with a two day limit for my efforts.

The trout were very cooperative and I lost track of just how many I released. Most of them were Browns with a few Brookies and a couple Rainbows in the mix.

I did manage to walk enough that my legs are a bit sore. Guess I am out of shape and need to walk a few more trout streams.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Sounds like you did pretty well Dave, Alot of people don’t know that Iowa has 8 too 900 miles of stocked trout steams in N.E. Iowa, plus a few lakes as far south as to where I live. Possibly up too 1,500 miles of actual trout water because of the occasional high water making it possible for them to move from stream to stream. Iowa has a very good trout program. I’m 10 minutes away from the southern most trout stream here in Cedar Rapids, Its all catch and release but thats good too, atleast I can go for them if I wanted too.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Sounds like a fun time, congrats! I recommend more exercise .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.