I need to go fishing…..

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Between making plastics, this screwed up spring and garden work I haven’t had much time to tinker with other hobbies until this morning. I dug out the air brush and the paints for some inventorying and found I needed a couple things so it was off to Hobby Lobby. They had everything I wanted so when I got stuff put in its place I dusted off the compressor and set the pressure. A little more digging and I found my stash of paint mixing cups and lure bodies that were already masked off and went to work.

First order of business….and actually all I set out to do today….was to base coat a bunch of bodies in a white/pearl. This I managed to get done without my mind wandering too far but things went downhill from there. About an hour later I was dipping the top coat on this critter, a 3″ bodied medium diver in my pet color scheme. The Rapala Shad Raps in the purple/chartreuse do me well while casting so I added a couple of my own wants to this one and called it good. Now all it needs is the split rings and a couple good hooks and me to have some time and water to play in. I have the other bodies to mess with now too so maybe here’ll be a couple more to show next week.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1959_1.jpg

tim hurley

Looks great-hey are’nt you retired? Get out and fish!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Yes Tim, I am retired. And I’m finding that I have less time to get to the water now than when I was working.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Wow, that’s a beaut!!

Smackem33

Just take less naps. .. you will have more time to fish

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Just take less naps. .. you will have more time to fish

devil devil you know Tom?????????? rotflol rotflol hah

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Tom you are quite the artist, looks great!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Tom, if you can make a few husky jerks like that and find me a baby sitter, we’ll head out on Superior and slam some cohos.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tom, if you can make a few husky jerks like that and find me a baby sitter, we’ll head out on Superior and slam some cohos.

That’s something to think about. Velcro on the wall stand in as a sitter? lol

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Very nice! I probably have a couple hundred shad raps…. and have messed around a little bit with my own painting schemes…. but don’t have an air brush so mine don’t look nearly as professional as that. Very cool.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That’s something to think about. Velcro on the wall stand in as a sitter? lol

Lemme check with the FW.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Wow Tom that looks sweet!! Very nice! Now get out and fish.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.