I need a kid – WI youth deer hunt

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Plans fell through with the girl I was hosting this year. Her father had to make the difficult, but very wise and respectful decision to wait a year. She just wasn’t ready.

So anyways, circumstances are that I have a day to give to a worthy kid at my farm in SW WI. Ive been hosting a kid for the last 6 years and it’s the most rewarding hunt I have done. We have been fortunate to have 1 day and out with 100% success.

My offer – to a young daughter or son, must be mature enough to listen to directions, have had sufficient range time and familiarity with their firearm. Prefer they have practiced out to 200 yrds. I have a bench and shooting tripod in the stand.

We do an all day sit in my tower – rain or shine. (Ya, it spoils them properly) we take a mature doe and or a management buck. I have a HUGE doe I want gone.

I’m partial to moms/dads with daughter. Call it sexist, I don’t care. To me it’s so important to get young ladies into our sports with a very positive experience.

This is the first time publicly opening this up to IDO. So hopefully I don’t need to spell out a bunch of legal stuff. This is a one time deal per kid and done.

Oct 9-12

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I don’t have a kid that is interested. But just wanted to comment on another great thing that you do Randy. You work really hard and always seem to still have time to give back. What a great guy, hope to meet you some day and shake your hand sir! waytogo

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Awesome gesture Randy!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks for the kind words. This industry did very well for me over the years. More than just money.

Its just a point in life that I have entered that everything has changed. Family circumstances of which a select few know the details has changed, my priorities are different. Hard to describe. But if I can spend a day with a kid and possibly inspire one to really appreciate the resources we have, my legacy continues through them. Make sense?? I don’t care if I shoot another whitetail in my life. Hopefully another one tops a previous experience, But if that doesn’t happen, no loss to me. We figured out how many bucks I have shot in the last 40+ years and its WAY over 100. Nearing 150. I’ve had my fun and I’m good with that.

But seeing a kid so excited and being able to talk to them, see them calm, settle in and place a perfect shot far exceeds the experiences of shooting myself.

For anyone that has the place and the patience I encourage you to do the same. Host a kid and their parent. Spend the day together and share what you can in that time. Share in their knowledge and give them the encouragement to be the next generation that we want managing our resources. I promise you, if you do it for the right reasons, the reward is incredible

MX1825

Very wonderful gesture Randy. I tip my hat to you. applause applause
    Very nice write up also on what needs/hope to happen in the future of our outdoor sports.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Hello, my name is suzuki and Im 10 years old. I would really like to go on this hunt. I have several rif….I mean my Dad has several rifles for me to use. I have an unusual amount of hunting clothes for a 10 year old so I can dress like a real pro. I would love to butcher a… I mean I would love to shoot my first deer. thanks

CaptainMusky

Randy, thank you for doing this! I had a buddy who did mentored hunts for Turkeys and he took two of my boys. I had never hunted turkeys before so I had no idea where to even start. My kids had an absolute blast!
    This is a great opportunity for these kids to get to do something they may not otherwise get to. Kudos to you sir!

jake47
    WI

Hello, my name is suzuki and Im 10 years old. I would really like to go on this hunt. I have several rif….I mean my Dad has several rifles for me to use. I have an unusual amount of hunting clothes for a 10 year old so I can dress like a real pro. I would love to butcher a… I mean I would love to shoot my first deer. thanks

You beat me to it – I was going to use the “I identify as a 10 year old” angle, but same premise.

Good on you for doing this, Randy! It is a goal to someday own enough hunting land for me and my 4 kids. Once that happens and my kids can hunt solo, I would like to be able to extend a similar offer since land access is getting harder.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

my name is suzuki and Im 10 years old.

We all know Google doesn’t lie. I did your background check, and it simply sent me a picture of you.

I Still need a kid

Attachments:
    1. 5D86DFD5-2745-4AE5-99FD-FC200CAF33D0.jpeg

Jason
    Hastings

My kids have grown, but just wanted to say that you doing an awesome thing for these kids! Not enough people in the world like you to offer up something so generous as to allow, much less take a kid hunting on your land.

tight_lines
    SE Minnesota

Awesome gesture Randy – hope you are able to fill the spot quickly. I can’t wait until my girls are old enough to join us in the woods. Hopefully they will have interest! I have always enjoyed listening to the stories from our first time hunters at deer camp.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    my name is suzuki and Im 10 years old.

We all know Google doesn’t lie. I did your background check, and it simply sent me a picture of you.

I Still need a kid

rotflol rotflol rotflol ouch!!! rotflol rotflol

mrpike1973

Randy, Even though I’m not a hunter I only wish someone would have takin me hunting or fishing when I was younger. I was 26 years old before I ever truly fished. I believe with a mentor things may have been a lot different for me Kudos to you I hope you find someone that will have a trip of a life time. I do take kids out fishing from time to time and yes Randy I get it is so rewarding to see the joy happiness on there faces As you said who cares if you get a deer or fish again.

Thanks again Randy

For any others as well please take a kid hunting or fishing you have no idea how much you can open a world up to a young person or teen or even an adult.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Suzuki i don’t think Randy wants a 10 yr old smoking and drinking in his deer stand.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Suzuki i don’t think Randy wants a 10 yr old smoking and drinking in his deer stand.

Wait a minute, Suzucki can bring the Pepsi!

Attachments:
    1. 95DE70F6-CCD9-47E8-A14B-CBAFE0D99C76.jpeg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I don’t smoke! 😆

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>chuck100 wrote:</div>

Wait a minute, Suzucki can bring the Pepsi!

Do you use the dead flies in the window as a deer attractant?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Do you use the dead flies in the window as a deer attractant?

Camouflage!

I let my niece bring her husband up and next thing I see is a broken window. Dam flies love going in there. Housekeeping has been late getting out there

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Well, I had to make it more enticing. T&G is done and stained, 12v wiring in in, and the solar panel will be here Wednesday

Been training a monster doe to walk in front of my range target.

Even have a fresh batch of of meat seeking missiles loaded up

Attachments:
    1. C8702D6C-BCE7-4E13-88F6-507F4207C642.jpeg

2. EE199841-6A79-465E-8D7B-0C7F0F9B0111.jpeg

3. 0A0AC905-429D-4B77-9B41-D118F60DBC5F.jpeg

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Holy Moly Randy I could live in that. Nice. waytogo waytogo

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

What time does the food usually be delivered and happy hour start?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

What time does the food usually be delivered and happy hour start?

Breakfast between 5 and 540 and then were happy all day

CaptainMusky

That’s an awesome stand. Definitely makes it more comfortable for long sits.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.