I-link to Helix

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I’m in the process of setting up new electronics and trolling motor on my boat. I’ve decided to run birds and trying to decide of the additional $350 to upgrade to the I-link is worth it.

The technology is neat but I’m wondering how practical it really is. I spend most of my time trolling from the rear of the boat, but early in the season I do some rigging and pitching plastics from the bow.

How many of you guys are using the I-link technology? Is it a must have? In what situations are you using it?

David Blais

I believe it’s a must have. Any sort of trolling out of the back of the boat. It steers the boat for you. Weather your dropping pins and having the boat drive you there. Or trolling certain break lines. You can also off set yourself from a break line. The only Down side is when the contour lines are all over the place, sharp turns or little bump outs. The boat wants to follow that line to a t. So you get wild movement.
    I like to manually drive the trolling motor over those drastic changes.

Another good function, you can drive to a way point and anchor there.

blank

I completely agree with David, especially in regards to the lines with sharp turns and bump outs. Since you said that you troll a lot, I’d say it’s worth it for sure. It’s so nice being able to tell it to follow a line and go, not constantly looking at the map and playing with the trolling motor. You’re already spending a couple grand, you might as well spend the $350 now and really utilize and enjoy what the technology can do to it’s capacity.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

What was said up above is true. I use it for trolling and casting and love it.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Well worth the extra money for link. Plus the higher resale value will makeup the exta cost.

martyb

I rarely use my remote anymore when trolling, I just control the bowmount from one of the Helix units.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.