I have Covid

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

My wife had it back in the spring w/major symptoms being loss of taste & smell. It was very mild and gone in a matter of days but since then she’s had heart issues,irregular heartbeat, palpitations etc…
    Just mailed a heart monitor back in that she wore for a week. Evidently it does affect the heart, and while the heart muscle heals it can cause permanent alterations to the heartbeat.
    If its not one thing its another.

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

Bigpike pours his guts out in a post and some folks have to pick it apart. I am amazed at the lack of civility on this site. It is probably like that on a lot of sites, but this is the only one I look at.

Jonesy

Thank you for reminding us of where you stand on the handling of the pandemic joneser. It had been a few days since the last time

I just want to let everybody know at the Council meeting of the Joneses we decided to revoke the Jones from the joneser.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Bigpike pours his guts out in a post and some folks have to pick it apart. I am amazed at the lack of civility on this site. It is probably like that on a lot of sites, but this is the only one I look at.

Couldn’t agree more!! Watch you own bobber !!

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

I had Covid back in August. My buddy and I got it after traveling from Idaho to Iowa for the Knoxville Nationals. Either in Iowa or somewhere along the way, we contracted it.

My buddy, 37, is a very healthy individual. Gym rat, healthy eater – no underlying conditions. He got his butt kicked. Basically he was bedridden for 3 weeks straight. Aches, pains, headaches, cough, fever – he had it all. The respiratory fatigue he experienced was what surprised me the most. He could barely walk from his room to his kitchen or bathroom without being short of breath. Unreal.

For me, I had it easy. No real symptoms at first but I got tested anyway after he became extremely ill on the drive home. 20 hours in a truck with a sick person made me nervous. It was only after the results came back that I had any symptoms which were a minor loss of taste and smell. That was it. I felt perfectly healthy which frustrated me because I spent a solid 2 weeks isolated from my life. My 8 year old daughter has type 1 diabetes so I couldn’t be at my house. I spent the first 5 days holed up in a hotel but got extremely bored and almost depressed. I went home after that for about 20 minutes to grab the boat, some camping gear, and spent the rest of my quarantine time by myself at a remote campsite on the Columbia River walleye fishing.

Point is, this affects people in such drastically different ways. 2 months later, I still don’t taste and smell the same.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dennis Williams wrote:</div>

Couldn’t agree more!! Watch you own bobber !!

IDO is social media after all.

blackbay
    mn

I would have made my earlier comments Covid or not. IMO it is entirely irresponsible and shows no regard for co workers when someone comes in as sick as Bigpike said he was. Now I totally understand that not every work place is the same, and some people don’t have sick time. They may be forced to take a day unpaid or maybe the use PTO they have been saving for a special trip. But the fact is, unless you work all alone, you are spreading whatever you have to others who are in the same situation you are in. Now Bob and Sally and Mike and Judy all are sick too because of you. That work that was so vital that you HAD to do, is now also not being done by others either. Got a runny nose or a sinus headache, I get it. If you’re as sick as Bigpike said, Covid or not, stay home. BTW work ethic my moon that’s just selfishness. Work ethic is showing up early and staying late, or taking on extra duties. No one is that darn important at their job that they have the right to jeopardize other peoples health too.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Thanks bigpike for your post. I was tested two weeks ago. Headaches that riveled west nile I had a few years back. Mornings I got the swets then it would even out. The kicker for me I have a hard time eating lost alot of weight. My God, I sit in my truck and I swear I can feel the preasure on my bones on my arse.
    Greatfully the weather hit when it did so I was able to stay home in my line of work. Still having a hard time eating but the Headaches aren’t as bad.
    The caregiver in me wants to help but there isn’t much I can do. We just have support each other the best we can.
    To ad my headaches were so disorienting it was like someone slaped my ears and the pain lasted forever. Yes, many go unscathed but for others it is serious.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Good try on your expert advice Riverruns….Quarter million people have died from this virus or complications presented in addition to their co-morbidities. Hopefully people listen to the medical community on how contagious and possibly dangerous this virus is and not your uneducated rhetoric. I work with it everyday.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Man,our friends will say what they say let’s not make this into something that’s not there. Please!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You can’t live your life in fear, but you can listen to the experts. Wash your hands, avoid large groups, wear a mask, don’t be an a-hole.

This is well played Selmer. Simple and easy to follow.

Jonesy

I had Covid back in August. My buddy and I got it after traveling from Idaho to Iowa for the Knoxville Nationals. Either in Iowa or somewhere along the way, we contracted it.

My buddy, 37, is a very healthy individual. Gym rat, healthy eater – no underlying conditions. He got his butt kicked. Basically he was bedridden for 3 weeks straight. Aches, pains, headaches, cough, fever – he had it all. The respiratory fatigue he experienced was what surprised me the most. He could barely walk from his room to his kitchen or bathroom without being short of breath. Unreal.

For me, I had it easy. No real symptoms at first but I got tested anyway after he became extremely ill on the drive home. 20 hours in a truck with a sick person made me nervous. It was only after the results came back that I had any symptoms which were a minor loss of taste and smell. That was it. I felt perfectly healthy which frustrated me because I spent a solid 2 weeks isolated from my life. My 8 year old daughter has type 1 diabetes so I couldn’t be at my house. I spent the first 5 days holed up in a hotel but got extremely bored and almost depressed. I went home after that for about 20 minutes to grab the boat, some camping gear, and spent the rest of my quarantine time by myself at a remote campsite on the Columbia River walleye fishing.

Point is, this affects people in such drastically different ways. 2 months later, I still don’t taste and smell the same.

Coworker of mine nephew was on a vent for 19 days. This was early covid (early April). She said he was an incredibly fit marathon runner. Late 20s early 30s.

So weird how it hits everybody differently.

basseyes

Bigpike,

Thanks for taking the time to share all that.

Sorry so many people are micro assessors. Right or wrong, most hard working people I know have it heavily engrained in them to work, and work hard from a young age. This is all fairly new territory for all of us and as easy as it seems to judge initially, being sick you don’t always have the greatest thought proccess. Granted it’s easy to look back on things with perfect 20/20 asssight, and critique every wrong move and decision someone makes. But grilled cheese sandwiches, I ain’t or isn’t or wasn’t or haven’t always been perfect my whole life either.

God speed for healing for everyone with covid and people’s hyper critical, narcissistic, overly judgmental attitudes.

We as a country on both sides of just about every issue have zero empathy for anyone that disagrees with us on anything. Have no clue how many people have any civil relationships with anyone anymore in any facet of their lives.

Judge, criticize, argue, hate, spew, regurgitate, grind axes, grind points, grind opinions, never agree to disagree, wash, rinse, repeat. Kinda sad it’s all finger pointing and no self reflection. Have very little hope left for the argumentative people that inhabit this country’s borders. We are so divided on so many levels, it’s hard to see anything other than us digging our own graves out of spite and bitterness.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.