I have Covid

• Tim Chrouser

You were sick several days, and then got a “relentless” fever on Sunday, yet still went to work w/o getting tested on Monday? Monday night you were still sick and the fever/chills had you tearing the covers off from fever or freezing, yet you still went to work the next day? You only got tested because you were going to see your grandmother?
    With all we know about the tell-tail symptom of this virus(fever) I question your behavior. Nice to know you care about your grandmother, but how do your co-workers feel about your lack of concern for their safety? Or, anyone else you came in close proximity to while you were contagious and meandering about in public?
    I don’t know you, and I do NOT mean to offend, but your post shows why the virus continues to spread, or your post is total BS.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I was off last week but found out our entire office got hid with the covid. there are probably a dozen people working in the office and every single one tested positive along with probably a dozen family members.

I don’t think anyone should go into work with any of the obvious symptoms but I guarantee many do because they are stuck in their ways or think covid is nothing more than a minor setback. Everyone qualifies for unemployment insurance so money should not play a part in the decision.

It will keep spreading and spreading fast in the rural areas where people are more relaxed on masks etc……damn shame really but it is what it is

Coletrain27

Sorry but I don’t believe any of that Story. You say how sick you were Tuesday morning and you had to go home because you were so sick and sleep all morning but yet you posted you were going ice fishing at 0637 that morning…

Look up the
    “Ice fishing starts today” thread

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I hope anyone that contracts Covid gets well soon.

riverruns
    Inactive

The faster it spreads the faster this is over.

I’m glad to hear you recovered from the new strain of cold, and I’m sorry to hear that you were one of the rare exceptions to catch it and show any symptoms.

It doesn’t sound any worse than the bad strains of cold we’ve all experienced going around. I’ve never missed a week of work but there’s been plenty of times in the past where a coworker missed a week after catching it and being hit hard by it.

Coronavirus cause colds. This is a fact. Novel means “New.” This is thus a new strain of cold. A bad cold sucks and is nothing to sneeze at, no pun intended.

But we’ve never shut down the economy, put millions out of work, closed businesses, made social distancing and masks mandatory over a bad strain of cold going around.

Perception is reality and the media has warped people’s perception of this. Had you not been told this is something different than just a cold I’m very confident you would’ve viewed what you had as a bad cold….because that’s exactly what it was.

Well I would have to agree with this somewhat.

So now everytime we feel ill, headaches, sniffles, slight fever, cough, and on and on. We should either rush to get tested at who’s cost or quarantine?

Do people realize before this was the common cold and the flu? Heck most people are fricking scared to sneeze or cough in public. WTF is wrong with us anymore.

Deuces

For those who have gotten it and know fairly well on when they would have contracted it how long it take to start seeing symptoms?

Deuces

Thank you for reminding us of where you stand on the handling of the pandemic joneser. It had been a few days since the last time

There was a feature on old site that allowed you to block other members i believe. I might’ve used it on BKK and roosterrouser at one point, maybe I’m mistaken.

Good feature if ya ask me.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

For those who have gotten it and know fairly well on when they would have contracted it how long it take to start seeing symptoms?

I think I’ve read in most cases it will take up to 10 days to show symptoms once you’ve contracted it. Part of the reason its so effective at spreading.

riverruns
    Inactive

Everyone qualifies for unemployment insurance so money should not play a part in the decision

Well I didn’t realize how that works?? Anytime I feel a little illness or sick and call in to my employer they will automatically pay me the days wages in unemployment?

Your wrong, and need to figure out reality with your statement. Most people I know need a wage to keep life normal as we know it.

Maybe yours is different?

Ny
    N Metro

Covid 19 effects each individual differently, & your a fool if you ignore what’s going on. While yes 99% of people will survive getting the virus its no walk in the park. Be courteous & cautious to others around you. My biggest fear was 1spreading the virus to my parents or any elderly folks.

joneser
    Inactive

Thank you for reminding us of where you stand on the handling of the pandemic joneser. It had been a few days since the last time

You’re welcome. I know it’s always nice when a voice of reason, someone who’s taken a hard look at the raw data pertaining to something, can come in and offer a message that’s positive and offers comfort.

The hysteria is just that—hysteric. Media driven. Not based in reality. This has never been a pandemic. The percentage of our country’s mortality never even came close to crossing the threshold to classify covid as causing a pandemic. It just barely crossed that threshold by inflating the numbers, by taking deaths of the extreme elderly who died from pneumonia and one or more additional co-morbidities…and reclassified them as deaths of the extreme elderly who died from pneumonia and one or more co-morbidities AND covid (whether they had it or not). The motive behind this is the same as it often is—money. Hospitals were and still are receiving 5× the amount in federal subsidies for a covid ICU patient versus a pneumonia ICU patient. That alone is motive but once you factor in the context of hospitals hemorrhaging money due to being forced out of doing elective surgeries and it makes for a very obvious case for why they inflated covid numbers—they had to. Then add in a media hellbent on pushing a hysterical response for the same motive, there’s more money in it, and you arrive at where we are.

Where guys are making fear mongering posts on fishing forums trying to further the “fear-fear-fear-covid-fear-fear-fear-death” agenda.

I’m glad my rational message explaining how this “pandemic” is just an overhyped bunch of nonsense is resonating with those resistant to media brain-washing. Since we’re bombarded daily with countless stimulus aimed at cementing a very warped truth in our populous I feel it’s important to offer a countering viewpoint when possible. Since we’ve all been forced to take thousands of repeated messages daily for ten months now aimed at scaring us I think it’s more important than ever to hear the occasional dissenter question why this is even worth talking about, let alone worrying about.

Fun Covid Myth Debunking of the Day:

What’s behind the mask mandate?

Besides Walz issuing it as part of an ultimatum he made to the Republicans that he would do it if they didn’t pass the $1.9 billion bonding bill by the end of the second special session (his motives thus purely political and having nothing to do with public health)?

After three weeks of the public’s full compliance wearing masks the rate of transmission declines up to…..

…..Two Percent. A rate decrease of 0.02

Yup 2% is the max ceiling. For every 100 that would’ve been infected “only” 98 supposedly are infected. That’s the rosiest number biased research could skew it up to and still have the research even remotely be argued as possibly being valid.

Besides how negligible this number is due to how fast infectious diseases spread, this is the best pie in the sky number cooked up using voodoo science. On top of that, this voodoo science was published in the middle of June, so prior to state’s like California implementing mask mandates and seeing a drastic increase in cases. It’s entirely possible that using similar methodology but conducting the study two months later would produce research findings that show a correlation between public use of masks increasing the transmission rate of the virus.

Yet here the study is cited [4] by MN dept of [un]Health claiming to help justify the mask mandate:

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/facecoverfaq.html#disciplined1

Here’s the a link to the study itself:

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00818

Look around you and wake up people—this “pandemic” is pure and utter bullshjt. Go and read the OP. It clearly describes a dude getting sick. Big friggin’ deal. People have always gotten sick, people will always get sick, and old people are typically the ones to die. This isn’t new. It’s been happening just like this uninterrupted since the beginning of time. The only difference is it’s always been much worse and an actual pandemic before this falsified one.

Be objectjve. Question and look into and verything they’re trying to drill into your head. If you do you’ll realize covid is one of the biggest cases of fraud in history.

Don’t Worry, Be Happy. Everything will be just fine.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20201028-061335_Chrome.jpg

Andrew Pansch

I tested negative this past week. I just felt off last week and had a constant headache, chills, and congestion. Figured may as well get the test Wednesday. Didn’t get results till late this weekend. Glad I didn’t have it but I guess I was cautious. I don’t think anyone really wants to spread it if they know they have it. We will all probably get it but I sure as heck don’t want to be the one that plays off symptoms and then gives it to someone else who gets it worse.

robby
    Quad Cities

Praying for you. And thank you for sharing.

reddog

Last Friday night all of a sudden I couldn’t taste or smell anything. I woke up Saturday early to go hunting and I couldn’t taste my coffee. I sat for a while and decided I better head home because something just isn’t right. I got home and just sat at home the rest of the weekend. Monday morning came and I still just didn’t feel right. I called in sick to work with what I thought was just a cold (I never call into work) to just rest for another day and go to work Tuesday. Well, I decided Monday morning to go get a covid test and good thing I did because I tested positive. The only symptoms I had were congestion, a slight cough, and loss of taste and smell. I never had a fever the entire time that I have had covid. I am going on 10 days since I lost my sense of smell and taste and I would say I’m still at a 80% or so loss. Hopefully my sense of taste and smell comes back within the next few weeks.

I got diagnosed Aug 3, the first day of a two week vacation. Loss of taste and smell. Wife and I came home to ride it out. She was negative. 62 years old, type 2 diabetes, heart stent, all of the ingredients for a long, tough road. Took my temp 5 times a day. Checked my Blood DO each time, waiting for some other conditions. Wife and I argued about whether I had to mask up 24/7. I told her I felt like I was drowning in my own swamp and wasn’t going to wear it, she said this isn’t about you. Point taken. After 6 days of anticipation and no negative conditions, I moved out to the man cave so I could unmask. Spent the balance of my time there, with no other conditions other than loss of taste and smell. Wife tested negative twice, and has been negative since .

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I hope bigpike and everybody else that has mentioned getting it a quick recovery and no lingering side effects.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Funny thing about the virus deniers like joneser is if they do get really sick they are ones that scream ‘DON’T BE LIKE ME AND TAKE THIS SERIOUS’. rotflol

Hmm am I going to get my information from a conspiracy theorist or experts? I think I will stick with Dr. Osterholm. coffee

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    Everyone qualifies for unemployment insurance so money should not play a part in the decision

Well I didn’t realize how that works?? Anytime I feel a little illness or sick and call in to my employer they will automatically pay me the days wages in unemployment?

Your wrong, and need to figure out reality with your statement. Most people I know need a wage to keep life normal as we know it.

Maybe yours is different?

UI is technically your money set aside in case of unexpected circumstances so yes, your employer will pay you. If you lose hours due to covid etc, you qualify as long as you haven’t been laying around the last year or so. I believe they go back 18 months.

It’s a sad reality that so many people live paycheck to paycheck these days. I worked my tail off to make sure I don’t get to that point. I realize there are things that are out of people’s control but so many choose to do the bare minimum to get by and now are getting burned.

So yes, anytime I feel sick, you can guarantee I will stay home from now on. I been coming in sick for decades because I felt I had to. Not anymore.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I swear BigPike copied and pasted my post from May(?) with few exceptions. I too felt fantastic one moment (enough to go ice fishing if I wanted), a couple hours later I was in the fetal position in bed, in a sweat soaked shirt wondering if I could get any colder.

I made some bad decisions as well. Yes, I agree that going to work anyplace would not be a good idea….now that I have my rearward glasses on. My Doc told me to come in to be tested. It was negative. (at the time, 40% of all tests came back as a false negative). But positive or negative it’s treated the same way. The only exception is we are told to self quarantine. Really, the only reason to be tested is to add to the running government totals.

Yes Rrunner, if you recall I tested negative for Covid. My Doc gave me a note to excuse me from work for “respiratory ailment”. I was paid for the 51 hours I missed work. I’m not sure where the money came from but at the time, my employer said they will get a credit at the end of the year.

There will be a lot of deaths to come that’s my prediction. Mostly older folks with preexisting conditions…and old age is a preexisting condition.

2020 is a different year. Personally I think we should have a do over.
    Everyday is a gift.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

So yes, anytime I feel sick, you can guarantee I will stay home from now on. I been coming in sick for decades because I felt I had to. Not anymore.

^ Want he said…and my employer doesn’t want anyone to come in “any longer”.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I swear BigPike copied and pasted my post from May(?) with few exceptions. I too fell fantastic one moment (enough to go <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>ice fishing if I wanted), a couple hours later I was in the fetal position in bed, in a sweat soaked shirt wondering if I could get any colder.

I made some bad decisions as well. Yes, I agree that going to work anyplace would not be a good idea….now that I have my rearward glasses on. My Doc told me to come in to be tested. It was negative. (at the time, 40% of all tests came back as a false negative). But positive or negative it’s treated the same way. The only exception is we are told to self quarantine. Really, the only reason to be tested is to add to the running government totals.

Yes Rrunner, if you recall I tested negative for Covid. My Doc gave me a note to excuse me from work for “respiratory ailment”. I was paid for the 51 hours I missed work. I’m not sure where the money came from but at the time, my employer said they will get a credit at the end of the year.

There will be a lot of deaths to come that’s my prediction. Mostly older folks with preexisting conditions…and old age is a preexisting condition.

2020 is a different year. Personally I think we should have a do over.
    Everyday is a gift.

yes BK, if you went out with a possible COVID related thing, the employer is responsible to pay you the first 2 weeks lost wages based on the stimulas package they passed the first go round and the feds would give them credit.

KEEP in mind this all goes away at the end of the year unless they pass a new COVID package.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Glad to hear you are on the mend BigPike! My mom and a bunch of their friends (upper 60’s/70’s) all had it as there was a big outbreak around Nevis. Thankfully none of them needed to be hospitalized, but they had a similar experience as BigPike, worst cold ever and knocked them out for a week+. Oddly my Dad who is 72 and has every co-morbidity never got it. I’ve started taking vitamins as a preventative measure for a number of things and particularly Vitamin D is supposed to be very beneficial preventing/recovering from Covid.

Reef W

My girlfriend is a nurse and got sent home with fever on Friday the 23rd. Sunday she lost her taste. She had got tested on Friday and got negative result on Monday. Since her test was negative and her fever had been gone for over 24hrs they had her go back to work on Wednesday but by the end of the day was sick again with fever. Thursday she got second test and it was positive. For most of the time she was sleeping probably 18 hours a day. Her taste came back over the weekend (so lasted about a full week) and fever is gone again but she’s still really tired. They want her to go back to work again on the 9th depending on fever status.

CaptainMusky

There has been some interesting findings with COVID for sure like how certain blood types are very resistant or almost immune to getting it. Lots to still learn, but very intriguing. As much attention this has gotten world wide there could be a mountain of knowledge gained that wouldnt have happened otherwise so that will be very valuable.
    For those that have gotten it glad you’re doing better. My neighbors got in a couple weeks ago. The wife is a VA nurse and he works as a welder. They arent sure how they contracted it. He was much sicker than she was, but it ran about a week for him, she recovered sooner. Jokingly I asked if he lost sense of taste or smell because he is such an IPA fan when I knew he was pretty much better and he said no. I said well thats good because that would suck for you if you all of a sudden didnt like IPAs. -)

Paul D
    Roseville

But according to our fearless leader, Donnie J, we’ve “rounded the corner”, and a vaccine will be available momentarily. Wonder what the color of the sky is in his world.

Stopped by a Marathon C-store in Siren, WI Saturday, six people in the store, and I was the ONLY person wearing a mask! Saw that and did a quick U-turn. And they wonder why it’s out of control.

AnotherFisherman

Glad to hear you appear to be “over the hill” with COVID BigPike.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

glad those who got it are on the mend. waytogo woot

what concerns me nowadays is an article i read the other day, that people with the milder cases, they are seeing more long term after effects of this.

i am not a mask fan but i do wear it religously when i go into stores.

Selmer

Glenn, I agree that the long term effects of Covid will be interesting to see, and not in a good way.

I have friends in their mid 20’s that were brought to their knees, and neighbors in their 60’s who thought it was just a bad cold. The closest it’s hit for me is a mid 40’s coworker. He had smoked years ago, but that was his only comorbidity. He felt off on a Friday, passed away Sunday night.

You can’t live your life in fear, but you can listen to the experts. Wash your hands, avoid large groups, wear a mask, don’t be an a-hole.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.