I fish pro 2.0 ??

• Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

I have the original I fish pro which I like but in the cold temperatures ice hole freeze up
    SO IM LOOKING AT THE 2.0 ??? Has anyone used the 2.0 and how was it for freezing up

Wardcst

It has the 2 inch wide hole in center opening.
    Weakest link is that with the plastic release hanging down in the water.
    There was no change in that.
    Just my thoughts that is why I got rid of mine and will not be getting them again.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I have the original I fish pro which I like but in the cold temperatures ice hole freeze up
    SO IM LOOKING AT THE 2.0 ??? Has anyone used the 2.0 and how was it for freezing up

It definitely helps. If temps are low a foam hole cover will make a huge difference if you’re using the uninsulated ifishpro units.

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

Thanks for the reply
    Great show to day keep up the good work

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Spray foam and make yours into a 2.0. Either foam it all the underside or leave a pocket big enough for a hand warmer.

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

Thanks

Spray foam and make yours into a 2.0. Either foam it all the underside or leave a pocket big enough for a hand warmer.

skfishing16

Finicky Foolers with their insulated covers are a far better option!

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

Thanks for your reply.i have one of those and like it just hard for me to get my line out out of the cover but I do like it wish wen I bought mine I would have got the package deal.Insted only got one and after shipping it would have only cost me 7$ more would have got two

skfishing16

Thanks for your reply.i have one of those and like it just hard for me to get my line out out of the cover but I do like it wish wen I bought mine I would have got the package deal.Insted only got one and after shipping it would have only cost me 7$ more would have got two

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>skfishing16 wrote:</div>

I widened the gap on my FF hole covers by pulling that center plug out and wrapping a couple layers of black electrical tape around the shaft of the plug and placing the plug back in the center hole. The line stays in the slot and when a flag pops I just slide the cover off.

CC

Finicky Foolers are way better!!! I like your idea skyfishing16, gonna do that to mines tonight.

picked up some more last night for $23

Cheesehead2020

I too use the finickys and just use regular tip up covers. Also I have done this both ways but setting the hook with the hole cover over the hole works good, then once you have the fish on reach down and remove the cover.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.