I did not know that

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You can’t shop at Menards without a face mask.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

This might just be the norm every where before this is over.

Jensen

Been that way for awhile. If u don’t have one they sell you one for a buck. No kids under 16 allowed either.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Been that way for awhile. If u don’t have one they sell you one for a buck. No kids under 16 allowed either.

Thats what I found out. I’m not a Menards guy but it was close. Didn’t stay, didn’t buy a mask. Went to FF across the street and dropped a couple hundred. crazy

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

After seeing so many wear them incorrectly, I am interested to see how stores handle that.

deertracker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jensen wrote:</div>

Thats what I found out. I’m not a Menards guy but it was close. Didn’t stay, didn’t buy a mask. Went to FF across the street and dropped a couple hundred. crazy

I went to Fleet as well last week because I didn’t want to wear a mask. After comparing prices I spent $20 more on my lumber and I didn’t buy that much.
    DT

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Did it dry and twist before you got it home? Buying lumber anywhere these days is great if you are making circles, not so great for anything that needs to be straight. doah

deertracker

I should add that I hate Menards lumber. But, I’m also cheap. Lol. Wish Knox was still around.
    DT

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Always fun to buy green treated and it’s still dripping.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Nope, won’t go to Menards with that requirement. I don’t have a problem with wearing a mask. When they require it, they need to provide it.

Any employer that requires PPE needs to do supply it, should no be different there. I gave blood and entered a hospital, required a mask, they supplied it, why should Menards be any different.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Did not bother me one bit to go into every store wearing a mask. It’s just common sense right now . 11 % OFF just sent out for a 400.00 dollar plus rebate . Lumber is junk almost everywhere you go now a days picked through 3 bundles of 2×6 just to get enough for a garage build a number of years back. Built new home in 04 gota bundle of 2×6 from local lumber yard . They were imported from Russia via Germany . Think i had one that was questionable , carpenter said he had never seen wood that nice . Those days are gone.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Did not bother me one bit to go into every store wearing a mask. It’s just common sense right now . 11 % OFF just sent out for a 400.00 dollar plus rebate . Lumber is junk almost everywhere you go now a days picked through 3 bundles of 2×6 just to get enough for a garage build a number of years back. Built new home in 04 gota bundle of 2×6 from local lumber yard . They were imported from Russia via Germany . Think i had one that was questionable , carpenter said he had never seen wood that nice. Those days are gone.

Getting any sort of lumber, siding, decking, etc from a big box store is a joke. Lumber that’s stacked straight in the correct style bunks keeps much better than stuff just laid in piles. The best stacked lumber is “shoved” by hand keeping it straighter. This process is a big part of the reason that some 1x and 2x lumber costs more at local lumberyards. At large box stores, pallets or unit bundles are just forked, set, and people begin tearing into them. You get what you pay for.

Our local lumberyard has been great about ordering quality product, free delivery no matter the order size, and standing behind their products. I saw last week a really informative video about the LP siding and composite decking that showed specific differences between the stuff made for box stores versus what specialized lumber yards sell.

Great Laker

Did it dry and twist before you got it home? Buying lumber anywhere these days is great if you are making circles, not so great for anything that needs to be straight. doah

Go to a local lumberyard and not a big box store. The quality is much better. You get what you pay for.

A lot of Menards stuff is of the cheaper/lower quality variety. But it’s hard to beat 11% off for some things. The mask thing doesn’t bother me at all and I laugh at the people who get their panties in a bunch over it.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

just an FYI but Lowes has by far the straightest lumber I find. its all stored inside so that likely helps. few more bucks and sure you get some tweaked pieces but nothing like the stuff at Menards. I’m lucky and have a Lowes, FF and Menards 5 minutes from my house. I like the fact that I can pick out what I need, pile it on a cart and haul it to my truck. no slips and trips to a yard. speaking on the mask policy its weird really

Menards 100%
    Lowes 70%
    FF 25%

seems like FF shoppers are happy to let it rip? oh and not much social distancing on weekends…..absolutely packed!

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>
    Did not bother me one bit to go into every store wearing a mask. It’s just common sense right now . 11 % OFF just sent out for a 400.00 dollar plus rebate . Lumber is junk almost everywhere you go now a days picked through 3 bundles of 2×6 just to get enough for a garage build a number of years back. Built new home in 04 gota bundle of 2×6 from local lumber yard . They were imported from Russia via Germany . Think i had one that was questionable , carpenter said he had never seen wood that nice. Those days are gone.

Getting any sort of lumber, siding, decking, etc from a big box store is a joke. Lumber that’s stacked straight in the correct style bunks keeps much better than stuff just laid in piles. The best stacked lumber is “shoved” by hand keeping it straighter. This process is a big part of the reason that some 1x and 2x lumber costs more at local lumberyards. At large box stores, pallets or unit bundles are just forked, set, and people begin tearing into them. You get what you pay for.

Our local lumberyard has been great about ordering quality product, free delivery no matter the order size, and standing behind their products. I saw last week a really informative video about the LP siding and composite decking that showed specific differences between the stuff made for box stores versus what specialized lumber yards sell.

The 2 local lumber yards right now are equal to what Menards in quality , its what is coming out of the big mills lumber graders must be told mark it it all no 1 select ! Its bad . Like i said the wood that came from Russia was unbelievable quality . That wood came into Duluth via ship . I did see a bundle of 2×4,s at a Menards once and bought a bunch , they were the best 2×4,s i have seen. That was a one time deal have not seen the brand since.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Nope, won’t go to Menards with that requirement. I don’t have a problem with wearing a mask. When they require it, they need to provide it.

Any employer that requires PPE needs to do supply it, should no be different there. I gave blood and entered a hospital, required a mask, they supplied it, why should Menards be any different.

Ever see a sign in the restaurants which says “No shirt, no shoes, no service” I wonder if I can get them to give me a shirt and shoes?

Even if any establishment “provides” one with a mask, who do you think pays for that mask? Same thing as bringing you own shopping bags to the market, saves money and reduces the cost to you as a consumer.

jwellsy

The lowe’s near me keeps a section outside near the contractors entrance where they collect returned material like lumber/siding/fencing in lot bundles. Sometimes you can find a really good deal on stuff that’s good enough for you. Material a contractor may reject using with a paying customer many times will be good enough for personal use.

bassh8er

Did not bother me one bit to go into every store wearing a mask. It’s just common sense right now .

Agreed; my 4 year old can do it so you would think a grown man would be able to do the same.

milemark_714

Always fun to buy green treated and it’s still dripping.

And watching it curl and shrink when it dries.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

Ever see a sign in the restaurants which says “No shirt, no shoes, no service” I wonder if I can get them to give me a shirt and shoes?

Even if any establishment “provides” one with a mask, who do you think pays for that mask? Same thing as bringing you own shopping bags to the market, saves money and reduces the cost to you as a consumer.

no issues with me. I can’t go without I good shoe and I very rarely go shirtless

Yea think what you want, there ain’t no price reduction because you supplied a mask or your own bags. I thought some stores were not allowing personal bags.

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

First off I believe it is health code for the shoes and shirts!
    Second. The 11% store is gouging on the mask. Can I take it back when I don’t like the fit,color or quality. I’m pretty sure if they didn’t have their 11% sale for one day a month they could afford 2 masks a person. Oh wait that’s right they raise the price on 11% days.
    Not many restaurants ban kids under 16 either!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Here is some quality completely unusable sheathing lumber from a big box local store!

Attachments:
    1. 20200614_094804.jpg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Do you know what the diameter is of a five gallon bucket? The bow is just a bit over that in a 1/2″ x4′ x8′ sheet.

Deuces

Do you know what the diameter is of a five gallon bucket? The bow is just a bit over that in a 1/2″ x4′ x8′ sheet.

Looks like the 12′ skirt boards I was given for stairs this week. Contractor said deal with it. Unbelievable. Wouldn’t been to bad but has 4 risers mitered in to em. smash

Lou W

I don’t have a problem wearing a mask anywhere. I’m 62 not really high risk……but I’m not scared either. Seems like the decent thing to do.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Masks are doing anything unless you are asymptomatic and I don’t know anyone who has had covid on here. And now the WHO has said it doesn’t do anything if you are asymptomatic. If you are sick, you shouldn’t be going out in public. So it has become simply optics.

I don’t wear a mask, but I give people their space.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Yea think what you want, there ain’t no price reduction because you supplied a mask or your own bags. I thought some stores were not allowing personal bags.

Who do you think pays for the shopping bags? I just received an order of bags, 60 cents for each bag. Sixty cents here, a dime there, another quarter for this. it all adds up to the price charged for the goods and services we pay for every day. Even the cost of PPE is figured into what the employer is able to pay out in wages. Don’t think your PPE as an employee is “free” just because the cost of providing the PPE, came out of the “pie” before your wages were set.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

First off I believe it is health code for the shoes and shirts!

Exactly my point!

Glenn is comparing a government regulation (PPE requirements) to a store policy (Menards masks requirements). Like comparing apples and oranges. He says, why should Menards be any different. I guess because “store policy” IS a different thing rather than a “government regulation”.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Masks are for you not giving it to someone else.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/health/coronavirus-mask-wellness-trnd/index.html

Masks statistically have proven to be effective from stopping the spread.

Please wear a mask to protect me, one of those old pharts in a mask at any store.

I believe this mask topic was covered on a previous SPECIFIC thread. Take a gander.

On a side note …. I thought no CNN or FOX sources were allowed being their reporting has serious biases?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.