Hwy 10 St. Cloud

• weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Just an FYI for those that use Hwy 10 to get North, the three year construction project in St. Cloud has started and it’s down to one lane in both directions. I would avoid if possible, not going to be any fun.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Thanks for the heads up. I do go that way from time to time.
    Where does the project start and end?

AK Guy

Just an FYI for those that use Hwy 10 to get North, the three year construction project in St. Cloud has started and it’s down to one lane in both directions. I would avoid if possible, not going to be any fun.

Some of the worse potholes in the state are there. Glad they’re fixing things.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The section when it goes under highway 23 looks like it was hit by a Russian missile strike.

hillhiker
    SE MN

I blew right through in both directions today, but I could see it being really bad on the weekend. There’s work going on the whole length of 10 threw St. Cloud.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hwy 23 as well, same area.

Attachments:
    1. HWY-10-AND-23.png

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Glad they are fixing it. That is a crazy bad section of road. Many of bent rims and blown tires getting through that area.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hwy 23 as well, same area.

I went out west to new London. It’s going to be one cluster mess from Richmond west

CaptainMusky

Bartender blew a tire on 23 East of 10 Tuesday night hitting a pothole. She couldnt see it because it was dark out. Drove buy the next day and she said you would lose a baby in it was so big.
    The road going to my work is so bad its literally beating my new truck to a pulp.

big_g
    Isle, MN

*update* We now live in the land of Rocks and Cows AND Potholes.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We now live in the land of Rocks and Cows AND Potholes.

I was in Sioux Falls the second week of April (that warm week) and I can say with 100% positivity that the roads are worse there than they are here. I didn’t think it could get any worse. It is. They have portions of roads in city limits there that they’ve just simply barricaded because the craters are so big and deep. Instead of filling or repairing them, they just close a portion of the road off completely.

Interstate 90 and 29 are perfectly fine, but once you get off those and onto city streets, it the worst I’ve ever seen.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I can say with 100% positivity that the roads are worse there than they are here.

That is hard to believe, but I’ll take your word for it. I think I fish lakes around here that are smaller and shallower than some of these potholes.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That is hard to believe, but I’ll take your word for it. I think I fish lakes around here that are smaller and shallower than some of these potholes.

Apparently it has something to do with the lack of individual state income and corporate income tax. Additionally, their sales tax is also only 4.5%. So there’s a lot less money coming in to fix roads than there is here.

They still receive federal funding for big projects on US highways and interstates, but they lack state funding for city roads. And that is where the problems were very obvious.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Come to Brainerd… pothole city… I doubt Sioux Falls can be much worse. With all my extra money that I don’t have to give to the governor ($17B) I can buy a shock or tire once in awhile. coffee

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Drive down W 7th or pretty much any road in St. Paul and you will think you are in a different wartorn or 3rd world country.

That sucks for Hwy 10, gonna be some long cabin trips the next few summers. Might have to figure out a 94 route or some backroads passed Royalton…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

bigwerm i’d tell you to go as far as hwy 25 and go thru pierz, but i seen a sign in Brainerd that said 25 was closed to. but not knowing where your cabin is might be way off to.

i spent 13 1/2 years going to Sioux Falls……there are some really nice areas in the southern part of the city but that northern part looks like slums all over. and i was up by the airport and the business i represented was by h big sanford hospital!!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

bigwerm i’d tell you to go as far as hwy 25 and go thru pierz, but i seen a sign in Brainerd that said 25 was closed to. but not knowing where your cabin is might be way off to.

Looks like the Highway 25 project(s) are just in towns of Brainerd and another in Buffalo. So that will be an option for us on the way to Nevis, but I’m sure there will be a ton of additional traffic there due to the construction. Now that most of the snow and ice is gone, it’s time for our other season in MN, road construction.

big_g
    Isle, MN

25 is closed right as your coming into Brainerd, right after the CAT dealer, the bridge over the train tracks is being re-done. The detour is down Oak street

The_Bladepuller
    South end

25 is closed right as your coming into Brainerd, right after the CAT dealer, the bridge over the train tracks is being re-done. The detour is down Oak street

As a rule when I go to Brainerd/Baxter I go north on 169 to the Pine Center Road (Wigwam Bay) go left to Pine Center. Stay straight to either MN 25, go north, and then skirt west on the south end of Brainerd on the detour. I also cross 25 & go north a couple miles west of 25 on a Co. rd.
    Once you get on the south edge of Brainerd slide west to Business 371. I jump across the river just south of BHS & via a series of traffic circles come out on 371 south of tracks / 210.
    My quickest and lowest stress route to Costco.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Weedis I need your garage code, Google Maps took us dang near your house and I could have used a beer! rotflol It is especially nice that they are also working on 23 and the majority of side roads around Hwy 10 in St. Cloud right now, so there’s no good way to jump around or passed that little stretch. Between that and a bad accident at Halfway Crossing, and then another bad accident that had a beautiful old Lund sitting in the middle of Hwy 10 by Randall, it was a long trip to the cabin and just grateful we weren’t involved in either of those.

Hwy 15 or 94 for the rest of the summer, I don’t care what the Google Algorithm says! jester

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Fridge is stocked for ya. I’m glad I can pretty much avoid that area, although I did go to Runnings last week and the detour it takes to get to it I prolly could have just drove to mills in Waite park and take me just as long!

ThunderLund78

Hit Little Falls at about 12:30pm yesterday traffic already backed up to the HWY 10/371 merge. Decided to hop across the river in Little Falls and take the Great River Road south to where you cross back over in Rice – did not get back on 10, instead crossed underneath it and took a series of back roads that popped me back out on 10 just southwest of the airport. Not too bad – probably only took us 10 minutes longer than our normal ride home.

A coworker told me there were 3 separate airlift accidents on HWY 10 yesterday.

CaptainMusky

IDK what on Earth they are doing on 10 and 23 that will take 2 YEARS to complete. That seems excessive.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.