Frustrated! Need Your Opinion..

• webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

We have a neighbor who is really pushing his limits with us. To sum it up, he has torn down our No Trespassing sign that was placed in his cleared shooting lane that projects 100y onto our property. He also proceeded to gut a deer at our lower entrance gate and hang the testicles on our fence to make a point, as well as gave us two very verbal disgusting rants about how we need to pull into our gate a few hundred yards minimum so that we dont block the deer trail at the gate on OUR property so he can hunt his stand 5 yds off the line. He proceeds in his rants to tell us that he will be turning us in to the DNR for Hunter Harrasment. Let me be perfectly clear, we park just inside our gate because we have a deer stand 100y inside the entrance on set aside, as well as pulling in over 100yds would expose us to our entire valley of set aside, but nevertheless, we dont park at the entrance to “wreck” his hunt, and it really shouldnt matter anyways as this is our property and we can park however we want!

Now the frustrating part! We called the Conservation Officer tonight as the guy is very threatening, and the officer says there isnt much he can do about it. As if the tresspassing isnt obvious with his 20ydx100yd shooting lane on our property isnt enough evidence, we take this pic also. WHAT MORE does the the officer need to at least take the action of speaking with the landowner with a warning? I am very frustrated at this Conservation Individual for not at least making an attempt other than he may investigate. I WANT ACTION AND COMMITTMENT! We have $500+ dollars into legal posting of signs and hundreds of hours posting them, not to mention the 10’s of thousands we spend annually on the sporting aspect of it to support our governing officials. I am really dissapointed right now in a particular SE MN officer who I highly respect and he is shaking us off.

There is no reasoning with this particular landowner as he is not a sportsman by the evidence of this photo, so a suggestion about talking with the landowner is not the suggestion I am looking for. I want to know how to reason with the DNR? What is the point of having them or am I not communicating my frustration correctly?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.