Must have Apps

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well I finally decided to come into the 21st Century and got myself a smart phone ( Iphone 5 ). What are some must have Apps that I need/want. I know I can/need to use this thing for more than phone calls and as a flashlight Please let me know what apps you all use the most. Thanks.

gobbler
    Central, MN

Google Earth and Pandora.

Scaup

Quote:

THE CHIVE
    KCCO

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

THE CHIVE
    KCCO

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Golf Logix…. Hey, I can’t help it, I have a bad habit.

Weather.com
    SDGFP if you hunt in SD at all.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Mossy oak scoutlook, cribbage, and pool

johnee

A topo map GPS program like Backcountry Navigator.

Top tip: You can output a “file package” that includes your waypoints and trails and then inport this file into Google Earth on your PC. Really a slick deal for being able to share your data.

You can also do it the other way around. Lay down waypoints on Google Earth and then import them to Backcountry Nav. Say you see an area on Google Earth that you want to check out to see if it’s a good hunting spot. Throw down some markers and then you can transfer these to your smartphone and go out and easily find that spot.

Next one is a free one: MN DOT’s 511 program. Shows you road and traffic real-time info for the whole state. Wondering if there’s a construction zone in place on the way to the weekend fishing spot? Check it out and see before you get into the middle of a giant traffic cluster f###.

Grouse

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Moonrise App is a must!! Tells you Sunrise/Sunset, Moonrise/Moonset and Moon Phase. Helped me with Muskie Fishing and now its great for deer hunting.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Red Lazer shopping App. Scan a UPC code and iot goes out and does a web search so you can see if its at a reasonable price

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.