Truck Bed Lighting Kit

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Anyone installed a truck bed lighting kit? Any pitfalls I should be aware of? I want something where the switch is located in the back at the tailgate. Can be flipped on when packing up after a night of hunting etc… I plan to run a hot wire all the way up to the fuse panel.

Looking at something like this:

Truxedo Light Kit

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good post! I am getting my new topper Wed and if the light that comes with it is not bright enough I too would be interested in some quality bed lighting.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Good post! I am getting my new topper Wed and if the light that comes with it is not bright enough I too would be interested in some quality bed lighting.

Use your new flashlight.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

big_g
    Isle, MN

Tap lights work pretty good too

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

I just got a new truck and topper last month. I added a 12″ access led light. I put it on the driver side back corner of the topper. It is more than enough light for me. Fleet farm has them for about $34 bucks. You could even put one on each side but I think 1 is enough.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

I just got a new truck and topper last month. I added a 12″ access led light. I put it on the driver side back corner of the topper. It is more than enough light for me. Fleet farm has them for about $34 bucks. You could even put one on each side but I think 1 is enough.

Battery or wired?

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Tap lights work pretty good too

What are Tap Lights?

johnee

One really nice thing I’ve found with the easy availability of LED lights these days, is that I can easily add red LED lighting to places where it’s very handy to have the option NOT to kill your night vision with white light.

I added red LED lights to my boat, for example, so when night fishing I can have the interior boat lights on, but preserve my abiltiy to see outside the boat. Very handy.

Might be worth wiring up one or two as long as you’re doing the bed lights?

Grouse

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Kooty, if you didn’t live so #(&$$#o far away we could be doing projects like this together!!!!!!!!!

kooty
    Keymaster

So it’s my fault YOU live in Woodbury?

I’ll have to recruit Matt Grow. He likes man projects in the garage.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

East side rules! West side drools….

johnee

Quote:

Yeah, except for Kooty lives so far west that he’s not even on the west side.

You can see Russia from his house. I’m surprised he even has the interweb out there in the middle of Nowhereistan, I heard indoor plumbing is still a novelty.

Grouse

kooty
    Keymaster

There are toilets in houses? Must be nice in January.

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Quote:

Isn’t that what you used to chant in high school Kooty?… You know, when East South Dakota High played Western South Dakota High in sports?

kooty
    Keymaster

We didn’t pick on the cowboys. We knew they would kick our

Well, not to there face anyway.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

So it’s my fault YOU live in Woodbury?

I’ll have to recruit Matt Grow. He likes man projects in the garage.

You mean he likes men and projects in the garage…..

See if I can lure him out..

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Tap lights were one of the first infomercial products that showed up to my dorm room in Wisconsin. Followed by an electronic ab workout, some sort of crazy chia pet and then a knife set. Apparently when I used to get home after more than my share of I was a complete sucker for infomercials .

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.