Why so hard to find BBB loads

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I had a few friends ask me to see if I could find some Steel shot shells for them. They want either T or BBB. I knew that the T would be a hard if not impossible find but did not think that BBB would be all that Hard. After going to 3 different stores ( Gander, Mills, and [censored] ) Of all 3 places only found BBB in one brand and it was almost $30.00 a box – Why so few BBB. On ammo boxes and on the display chart it still shows T and BBB as the preferred shot size for large Geese. Anyone know why it is not available these days? What does everyone here shoot for Geese? – Mainly passshooting them.

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

3″ BB is my choice for three reasons Availability, price and killing abilities, for decoying geese at 45 yards and less. T’s and bbb could almost be considered for skybusting or taking long pass shots imo. As to why BBB is hard to find always stumped me also ??

deertracker

If Im shooting 3″ I shoot a round that has bb and #2’s in it.
    DT

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

If Im shooting 3″ I shoot a round that has bb and #2’s in it.
    DT

Is this a type of handload are are the commercial loads that have mixed shot sizes? What brand makes those?

deertracker

Both. I bought some in an auction that are Remingtons but also have hand loads. In high school we would make a round we called B4’s. it had both B Shot and 4 shot in it. Great for ducks.
    DT

neusch303

Glens Army Navy in Grand Rapids has BBB.

pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

Coyote creek in rochester has it in Kent brand. Both in T and BBB give them a call. Kent has been great for me and 17.99 for 3.5″ is a bonus

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Wow, that’s interesting. Triple B is my favorite goose load.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I heard they were discontinuing the BBB because they sell so few. Rogers sporting goods had them on clearance a while back.

I shoot 3.5″ BB, they are faster and we all know speed kills. The kent fasteel 3.5″ BB is what I will be throwing at them all next week in Canada

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I like the Kent loads as well.

If I am hunting over dekes and I expect the birds to decoy well my first and sometimes second load is usually 3.5″ 1s or even 2s then follow that up with 3.5″ BBs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.