Saving image on Google Earth

• deertracker

I’m trying to plan my food plot work for next year and was trying to save a satelite map from google earth of my hunting area. Not having much luck. I would like to save it then pull it up on my computer as a jpeg in coreldraw so I can make grids and notes. Is this doable?
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yes, what windows operating system are you using?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Not super familiar with Vista as we skipped that OS at work. Does it have a tool, call Snipping tool? This is a great way to take screen shots of just what you want. Then you can save as .jpg edit with paint etc…

Otherwise try the following combinations, open paint or whatever app you plan to edit with after each keyboard sequence and paste the results(cntrl V). This assumes you have google earth open to the area you want to capture.

Shift + PrtScr
    Alt + PrtScr
    Ctrl + PrtScr

Each of the above combinations represent a key on your keyboard. If that doesn’t give you the desired results, let me know.

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Cnt/print screen then paste into imaging program. Unless vista is different from the other MS OS’s.

czechsm
    Western Wisconsin

I have a Mac OS and I just e-mail the image to myself and save it that way. (File, email image and then save to where ever you wish.)

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Also, sometimes the images are better on Bing Maps. Especially in birds eye view.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

I have a great map made up in Google Earth. The key is to actually build the map using Google Maps and then save it as a kml or kmz file. Then you can utilize the features that Google maps has.

clicker

Ding Ding Ding!!! I do the same! Bing for the win!

However, if its not a populated area it isn’t updated with the birds eye.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.