Photobucket

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Have you talked to Bob Moore.

How’s Dave doing? Haven’t seen him online at all.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

No, I haven’t talked to Bob about the rod subject, but I saw him on P2 the other day for the walleye outing.

Dave’s doing pretty well, he’s been working alot so this is the first time I’ve been able to hook up with him this year

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Get a Shimano TDR 8′, heavy action.
    They run about $30-$35.
    Can’t beat it in my opinion.
    A buddy has two of these for about 6-7 years……bullet proof.
    Convinced me enough to buy after pulling in a few fish on these rods over the years.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I like my Shakespear Tiger Rod with my Tekota 600 on it just fine.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I have a couple of heavy action whuppin sticks that do nicely for both.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Wondering what’s the advantage to storing photo’s on sites like Photobucket?

john_steinhauer
    p4

Don’t quote me on this but I’m guessing save on memory on your hard drive, and easier to share on web sites?

lick

Photobucket works great on other sites Not so much on here

thegun
    mn

I use photo bucket bunch! its great for showing people your photos when your at there place!!!!!!!!!! you can up load them one time and share with anyone you want to show without having to e-mail to each person! and it is great for other sights even here! I like the photos posted from there rather than the way this sight does it! pics are larger and better quality but for this sight it has its disadvantages too!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Another benefit – if for some reason your hard drive crashes you will also have your photos backed up on photobucket.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Thanks for the info guys!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I like the photos posted from there rather than the way this sight does it! pics are larger and better quality but for this sight it has its disadvantages too!

If you link out to photos on photobucket or other photo hosting sites be sure that they are no wider than 450 pixels on either side or you will stretch the page here on the site.
    Using the photo upload system here on the site is FAR easier and quicker than using photobucket or other photo hosting sites. The other nice thing about uploading photos to the IDO server is that they’ll always be part of the post you added them to. If you browse old threads you’ll find nearly all photos added using a hosting site are missing… so the posts that are loaded with all those red “X’s” indicating a missing file.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Great info, thanks Steve!

lick

I agree it is easier to use the upload on the site. BUT when we are looking at pictures trying to determine antler size or number of points or even just what a critter is the pictures on the site are WAY too small. Just My .02

lick

Picture uploaded threw the site.

lick

Photo bucket

lick

You can go bigger than that but like Steve said it stretches the site out and make the post a pain to read.

I am going to upload all my pictures on there. If anything would happen to my computer I will still have them

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I think I am going to upload mine also. Like the idea of having them backed up plus I won’t have to worry about loading pictures on both work computer and home computer.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I think I am going to upload mine also. Like the idea of having them backed up plus I won’t have to worry about loading pictures on both work computer and home computer.

I did the same thing on Facebook, it was the main reason I opened an account on FB was to have a place where I could back up my photo’s and a place where I can share them with family & friends.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

I did the same thing on Facebook, it was the main reason I opened an account on FB was to have a place where I could back up my photo’s and a place where I can share them with family & friends.

I have a few photos and videos also on my facebook, Steve.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1164154211&sk=photos

DONOTDELETE

I have used Photobucket the last couple of years. It is really easy to use and is nice to have your pics protected. Plus if you want to resize them it is simple.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Very cool Jerry I just sent you a Friend request!

By the way I like this pic you should make it your new avatar!

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Very cool Jerry I just sent you a Friend request!

By the way I like this pic you should make it your new avatar!

I have to apologize for that shot, Steve! It was from back a few years at a cancer walk at Menomonie around 3:00 a.m. during Hawaii theme hour. I was lacking sleep at the time. Our team STAYS UP ALL NIGHT of the walk.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.