I need your help guys,,,,,,,

• HoffDERR

Im no pro when it comes to this hunting stuff,,but I do know a pretty good bit.
    My question is, If you were to buy a Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull pistol with a scope on it, would a 8″ barrel be good enough for accuracy?
    I don’t want it to long,,,but then again, I don’t want it to short,,,ya know.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Should work fine my .357 has a six inch that works great.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

I also have a six inch .357 and feel it is plenty accurate

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I have an 8″ ruger super redhawk in .44 mag and its just right. Pretty acurate and feels like the right balance for the gun.

neusch303

Quote:

Im no pro when it comes to this hunting stuff,,but I do know a pretty good bit.
    My question is, If you were to buy a Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull pistol with a scope on it, would a 8″ barrel be good enough for accuracy?
    I don’t want it to long,,,but then again, I don’t want it to short,,,ya know.

You’ll love that pistol and cartridge. I shoot one in a .44 Mag with an 8″ ported barrel. I can shoot a 4″ group at 100 yards with that pistol (bench rested).

I home load and have a load fine tuned for that pistol, that helps my grouping. But you should be able to shoot a good group with that pistol.

You may want to consider some trigger work. The trigger on my Taurus was OK at best. Certainly not in the same caliber as Smith and Wesson though.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I think you’ll really enjoy that length of barrel on that pistol, especially scoped

I have a .44 mag Ruger scoped and love it, but it has a 10″ barrel….which I feel is too long for most hunting situations around here. (but in western Nebraska it was perfect)

25-06 said it best in that if you can get a steady diet of the same load, you can really dial it in to some tight groups…

HoffDERR

I bought the gun guys!
    Dam that thing shoots good!
    Its a Stainless Steel Taurus Raging Bull 454 with a 8″ vented barrel. (I can shoot it with one hand with no problem)
    I just ordered a BSA 2X7X32 scope for it that should be here next week.
    I’m going to post pictures of it this afternoon.

HoffDERR

Here ya go…..

neusch303

That’s awesome Rick. It’s a sharp looking pistol. That will put the hurt on some of hose pigs.

HoffDERR

Thanks!
    It will look even better with the new scope on it!
    I should get it today or tomorrow……………

HoffDERR

I made a few changes to it,,,,,Now its ready to hunt!

Watcha think?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Looks great!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice looking pistol Rick, you going to go hog huntng with it?

neusch303

Sweet set-up Rick. What did that end up setting you back? I’m thinking it’s time for a new toy myself. Mine doesn’t look nearly that good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.