Tree stand safety harness?

• mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Every year before bow season I tell myself I need to buy a good tree stand safety harness but have NO excuses why I still don’t have one… This year is the year!! I’m doing this because I’m a husband, a dad , I’m almost 40 and I love hunting too! Why risk any of that? Does anybody want to join me in committing to use a safety harness this year??
    Before I buy one: What is a good brand/model to use? I’m looking for something that is light weight, cool(…not this kind of cool – ) and one that is versatile but best suited for bow hunting. I also use a climbing stand and need one that can adjust for that too. Feel free to post the model you would recommend and the features you like and dislike about it. I want to buy one by Sept. 1st and practice using it before the season starts. Thanks for your input!

mossyoak
    UP Michigan

I agree I have never wore a harness and this year I am actually going to get a good one and wear it. I thinking I am going to try the hss ultra light.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

IMO, I believe there is only one to look at. The GO Muddy Safegaurd Harness!

Lightweight (1.9 lbs), Extremely Quiet, Easy to put on and once you wear it you don’t even realize it is on! I wear one everytime I’m in a tree! Last year was the first year I could say that!

CLICK HERE to view the GO Muddy Safegaurd!

Any questions feel free to ask!

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I have always been a Hunter Safety Systems fan. Love the vest and buckles. Easy on and easy off and with a little moleskin, very quiet. Biggest complaint I hear is the weight but it’s a non-issue for me. I don’t pack the vest into the stand with me, I put the vest on at the truck and take the vest off at the truck. I am far from being in shape but once I put the vest on and start walking to my stand, I can’t tell if I have it on or not. I have heard great things about Muddy, Integrated Safety (Fall Guy). A couple others you might want to look at are Gorilla and Big Game.

Find one, buy it and wear it. Good luck and stay safe!

SLOTLIMIT

I wear the one that came with my summit viper. Easy to put on, light, hopefully I’ll never know if it works

super_do
    St Michael, MN

X2 on the GO MUDDY!!!!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

x3 on the Go-Muddy. Get a good one and you never worry about it again, it simply becomes another part of your arsenal!

Joel

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

3x on the Go Muddy is hard to argue with.
    I see 11 NO’s and counting…Anybody else want to join me? Just pick a reason to do it and go buy one! The thought of falling 20+ feet out of a tree just plain sucks!!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I got one and wouldn’t climb into my stand without it, not to mention the fact of falling, but the simply fact I am terrified of heights. The permanent stands I use I get freaked out with the ladders alone so if I had an easier way to get up and down I would do that too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.