wrist surgery….?

• ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

Any one on here have wrist surgery?
    I was preparing for a trip to Winter Park, CO a couple weeks ago at a ski area in the cities and seriously did some damage to my arm and wrist. I should not have been acting like I was 18 again or like shawn white snow boarding.
    I ended up having distal radius fracture surgery 2 weeks ago today. The doc put in two permanent titanium plates and 15 screws. I’ve been on the couch surfing the net and watching bassmaster videos for the past two weeks due to the amount of pain i get if i move around.
    I’m scared I won’t be able to bass fish the river this spring or the main MN opener. Also worried about bow hunting this fall. Luckily it happended to my right wrist as i’m left handed.
    Anyone have advise? I was cleared to start therapy yesterday. How long was your recovery? At this point, i can barely move any of my fingers!!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very sorry to hear about your wrist injury. Take your time with rehab and I wish you a speed recovery.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Boy does that suck Ranger. Here’s to a speedy recovery!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. You might want to look into getting a crossbow permit now just in case you are not able to use a bow this fall, check with your doctor on how long this process takes. Hopefully you will not need it but it is always a good idea to have a back up plan.

whittsend

Quote:

I’m scared I won’t be able to bass fish the river this spring

I wouldn’t worry too much about missing any amount of bass fishing. Missing walleye fishing this spring would be a different matter….

Just kidding…

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Mike

ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

Thanks for the well wishes guys.
    Steve- I didnt even think about using a cross bow. Thanks for the idea. Doc says it will likely be a full year for full recovery. Apparently it was a terrible break.
    Mike- maybe we could trade fishin trips. ill take ya out bassin and you can show me the ropes eye fishin. My passion is bassin, but i still enjoy catching a big eye once in a while. i grew up eye fishing on gull, but was too impatient dragging a minnow or leech on the bottom all day and converted to bassin.

whittsend

Sounds good!

The last few years, I’ve been mostly trolling for eyes. A little more active, a little less sitting/slower presentation. And great for both numbers and size, depending on time/location….

Heal well and fast!!

Mike

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Ya you don’t need a strong wrist for fishing walleyes.

muskybones

Best of luck to your recovery. Drink lots of milk.

whittsend

Quote:

Ya you don’t need a strong wrist for fishing walleyes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.