Friday Funny

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Let me know how this turns out Steve. I’m looking for an Insurance sponsor for In-Depth Outdoors.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I have Boat US. Good company. As you know, I totaled my boat last May and they took care of me. I was satisfied with the entire process. From recovery costs to the final claim settlement everything went pretty smooth. I still have them as my insurer, they didn’t jack my rates through the roof. I would recommend them.

-J.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Quote:

I have Boat US. Good company. As you know, I totaled my boat last May and they took care of me. I was satisfied with the entire process. From recovery costs to the final claim settlement everything went pretty smooth. I still have them as my insurer, they didn’t jack my rates through the roof. I would recommend them.

-J.

good comments!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Jon did you go with the ANGLER’s BEST coverage or the ANGLER Boat Saver Policy?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

No, just the basic coverage. I think those are new options I will need to look at.

-J.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have to look into it more but I think that ANGLER Boat Saver Policy is there basic coverage.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I currently have Angler’s Advantage Ins. on my boat. I like the coverage they have for tournament fishermen. They also provide a personal liabilty ins. so I’m covered doing seminars. Another reason I chose them was that they cover me while on the Great Lakes. After going to Green Bay last year I found out I would not have been covered if something happened while I had State Farm Ins. Aparently a lot of companies have exclusions for the Great Lakes.

Angler’s Advantage Ins.

The issue I had with Anglers Advantage was the Professional Liability was always a separate rider and not included. It got a little spendy when you had everything in the policy you needed. That could have changed now.

jhalfen

I also carry Anglers Advantage. Both for the reasons mentioned by Ben, but also because of the commercial liability coverage that is provided to my guide service.

scottsteil
    Central MN

If you do not guide or take people out for hire, putting your boat on your homeowners or taking out an individual boat policy is the way to go. If you fish work a lot of sportshows and get paid to fish or guide and or take people out for Promotional reasons I would suggest a commercial marine policy. I have always used Charter Lakes Agency, because I believe they have the best products to offer. One thing I always suggest is the make sure they have Professional Liability if you get a commercial type of policy, as PL goes with you no matter where you are.

The People at Charter Lakes have always been very helpful

Charter Lakes

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Anglers Advantage here also!

scottsteil
    Central MN

The problem I had with Anglers Advantage is that the policy did not include Professional Liability. You had to buy that rider separate and it was spendy. The policy I have with Charter Lakes includes it and it is very comprehensive. Maybe AA has changed their package, I don’t know. I do know Charter Lakes has many different carriers and can match the plan that meets your needs.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Boat US does cover the Great Lakes. They have a solid reputation on the coastal waters. They are expanding into the inland lake market. I know thier tow coverage is showing up in more places, like pool 2!

-J.

Crankbait

Another vote for Boat U.S. No complaints here .

A friend, who also carries them, had to take advantage of their emergency tow service after running his Carver up on a wingy down by Wabasha .

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Boat US does cover the Great Lakes. They have a solid reputation on the coastal waters. They are expanding into the inland lake market. I know thier tow coverage is showing up in more places, like pool 2!

-J.

Jon I thought you were the towing, gas and help service on Pool 2 I seem to remeber you had a rough start last year on Pool 2, by no fault of your own.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I saw this thread and thought I would get a quote. Here is what they told me:

Thank you for your interest in Angler’s Advantage insurance. Unfortunately, we can’t provide you with a quote right now. The program requires at least 3 years of prior ownership in a like-kind vessel and horsepower. At this time, a 165hp increase is too much for the program.

Thanks,

Trisha Jackson
    Marine Underwriter
    Angler’s Advantage Insurance Program/
    Old United Casualty Company

Wow, so basically I guy who fishes all his life, finally buys his dream boat, and these folks tell me that I have bought too much rig and they can’t insure me.

Hey if you don’t want my money, just say so, I’ll be out on Mille Lacs sticking with Progressive!!!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Progressive

Total replacement cost

I have and will continue to be loyal to Progressive, they have been great!!!

spd800
    NW Metro

Dog for Sale

A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: ‘Talking Dog for Sale ‘ He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.

‘You talk?’ he asks.

‘Yep,’ the Lab replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says ‘So, what’s your story?’
    The Lab looks up and says, ‘Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.’
    ‘I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running. But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn’t getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.’ ‘I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I’m just retired.’

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

‘Ten dollars,’ the guy says.

‘Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?’

‘Because he’s a liar, he never did any of that s&!t.

lick

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.