Wolf in Pine city???

• Hotrod2

I was out around lakeside on monday, could not get a fish to bite.

We were on 3 mile yesturday, Fished 13′-31′ of water and same thing, marked fish but could not get them to bite. My buddy got 1 15″ walleye in about 25′ by 3 mile.

Good luck.

Tyee
    Greater St Michael Area

How much ice did you find that way?

Understood sleds are preferred, but has the snow compressed enough to get around with an ATV?

Thanks for the info!

Hotrod2

I measured 7-8″ of ice and most of the snow must have been wind swept. It didnt seem to be too deep out there for an atv. I would say snow was between 2-8″ deep.

We did cross a couple slushy spots and snow drifts on the way out but not to bad. I think with chains on the wheeler you would be ok.

Derek Hanson

Welcome to IDA Rodney!! I sure hope that snow starts melting because it makes it tough for the guys that don’t own an atv or snowmobile. I want to get out there bad, but I know walking would be a mistake.

ronzych
    Centerville,MN.

Did you fish the evening hot 1/2 hr? Or maybe their is’nt one yet Or maybe their won’t be one this year…..

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Hey Guy’s, We saw what looked like a brown and black wolf just North of Pine City this weekend? Are there any around there? It ran across the road in front of us aways. We saw it trucking through the edge of a pasture and it looked as though it was crouching while running with it’s head still.

I have seen coyotes and they always look like they are teeter tottering while running on spindley legs. This thing was on a mission and looked tough. It all happened so fast I just wonder???

Ferny.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

I have absolutely seen what I would claim to be wolves in that area, but we do have better resources here…
    Tuck?
    cheers

umichjesse
    Plymouth

i have seen wolves south of hinckley

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I have seen and heard wolves just East of Pine City near the Snake and Croix.

Couple years ago I saw a wolf just south of North Branch on the West side of 35 South cutting across a field…thought i was seeing things until the other two guys in the car with me were able to confirm it as well.

benny t
    Hastings,MN

I hunt in Pine City with my dad. Never seen or heard of any running around.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

That’s ’cause you are normally !

I almost hit one on 23 South of the Nemadji. I have talked to a number of folks that have seen them in Chengwatana. Your ascertion is correct on the wolf. They do run with their heads still. That is precisely how to tell them from a Yote at a distance.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

My dad is 100% certain he saw a wolf over the weekend deer hunting on our land (12 miles north of Pierz). It was black with a grey marking on its chest and he couldn’t stop talking about how big it was. He watched it for 1 minute as it made its way across an open hay field.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.