Black hills Elk info?

• alkfish
    St Paul MN

I was lucky enough to draw a cow elk tag here in SD. I have only been here since the end of feb, so I was wondering if anyone else can steer me in the right direction. Since it is a cow tag do you still make cow calls to them? I plan on making several trips this summer to get famaliar with my permit area. I will do extra homework just prior to my season start and try to pattern them if that is possible. The season is Oct15-30, and resumes again Dec1-15. Next year I want to apply for an archery license, but I recently found out you need a bowhunters education course. I will be completeing that just prior to the antelope license application deadline. I think the class is a good idea, but how can I buy I firearms license without giving the my firearms safety #? Kind of odd, but I don’t make the laws I just follow them. Anyways, if anyone has some elk experience and would like to educate a southern Mn farmboy, taht would be great!
    Thanks to you all in advance,

~~~~Lance

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

1st off, you suck!!

I lost 9 years of preference points when I left SD. My dad finally drew during what would have been our 11th year. He did not get an elk, but had fun chasing them around. Good luck, I love hunting in the hills!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

1st off, you suck!!

I lost 9 years of preference points when I left SD. My dad finally drew during what would have been our 11th year. He did not get an elk, but had fun chasing them around. Good luck, I love hunting in the hills!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.