How could determine what a gun is worth?

• KirtH
    Lakeville

I bought a gun from aunt years ago, and only used it once, it belonged to my uncle and passed away and I bought it.

It is 50’s vintage Sako Finnbear 338 magnum with a Burris 2.5 x 9 scope, it is great shape.

Let me know?

shaley
    Milford IA

Try the Blue Book of Gun Values. Or sell it to me for $300

shaley
    Milford IA

Try the Blue Book of Gun Values. Or sell it to me for $300

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

KLH…I just went through this…

I never could figure out those online gun blue books…

First I took my gun to Gander Mountain. They will charge you 30% of what the gun is worth to sell it for you. Any extras on the gun they give you nothing for…as in scope, sling ect. Then they look the gun up in there…”blue book” and use that price.

This is a good way to (sort of) figure out it’s value.

The reason I say sort of…is because I sold the two guns that I had for nearly 15% more than what Gander was going to sell them for.

I’m not slamming Gander…the two guns were in remarkable shape and the market would pay more for that.

My point is that Gander will give you a good idea as to what you’re looking at.

Someone posted this site… rimfirecentral.com It’s a great site for buying and selling…along with info…I hope I can spend more time there this winter soaking up some info.

Good Luck!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

KLH…I just went through this…

I never could figure out those online gun blue books…

First I took my gun to Gander Mountain. They will charge you 30% of what the gun is worth to sell it for you. Any extras on the gun they give you nothing for…as in scope, sling ect. Then they look the gun up in there…”blue book” and use that price.

This is a good way to (sort of) figure out it’s value.

The reason I say sort of…is because I sold the two guns that I had for nearly 15% more than what Gander was going to sell them for.

I’m not slamming Gander…the two guns were in remarkable shape and the market would pay more for that.

My point is that Gander will give you a good idea as to what you’re looking at.

Someone posted this site… rimfirecentral.com It’s a great site for buying and selling…along with info…I hope I can spend more time there this winter soaking up some info.

Good Luck!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS I’m better looking than Shaley…sell it to me for $50.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

That is what 18 fisher said

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

That is what 18 fisher said

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Is it’s worth to you for resale or insurance value ? If neither just keep it in the family for namesake value. I wish I had my Grandpa”s guns but he sold them to some strangers before I was old enough to tell Grandpa that I wanted at least one of them.

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Is it’s worth to you for resale or insurance value ? If neither just keep it in the family for namesake value. I wish I had my Grandpa”s guns but he sold them to some strangers before I was old enough to tell Grandpa that I wanted at least one of them.

shaley
    Milford IA

Come on Brian theres no contest I’m better looking, besides I dont smell like dead chubs

shaley
    Milford IA

Come on Brian theres no contest I’m better looking, besides I dont smell like dead chubs

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

You could also take it to Cabela’s Gun Library and they could tell you what it is worth.

Quote:

I bought a gun from aunt years ago, and only used it once, it belonged to my uncle and passed away and I bought it.

It is 50’s vintage Sako Finnbear 338 magnum with a Burris 2.5 x 9 scope, it is great shape.

Let me know?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

You could also take it to Cabela’s Gun Library and they could tell you what it is worth.

Quote:

Let me know?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Quote:

Let me know?

Thanks

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Quote:

Let me know?

Thanks

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.