“Disabled Vet” Hunting Scam

• VikeFan

Just thought I would post this here: a person who may or may not be a disabled Navy veteran from Iowa has been popping up on other outdoors websites soliciting money, clothing, and hunting equipment. He has so far gotten a new compound bow from one site, several thousand dollars from another, and is on the verge of getting a new shotgun on a third. Two other sites have banned him for solicitation and failing to prove that he is in fact disabled.

He has also failed to account for the money he was given, which was supposedly used for a visit to his sick daughter in California. He also claims to be totally disabled and unable to work, which raises the question of whether he can use the new shotgun he specifically asked for. Maybe he has already been banned here (I don’t spend much time on the IDA hunting forum), but if not, keep an eye out for him.

If anyone wants, I can provide links to the other sites where he has popped with the same post, begging for sympathy in the form of money, clothes, and both archery and shotgun hunting equipment.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the heads up John as far as I know he has not shown up here. Go ahead and post the links here in case he does show up that way others here will not be scamed by him.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the heads up John as far as I know he has not shown up here. Go ahead and post the links here in case he does show up that way others here will not be scamed by him.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I think I seen this same guy on the Iowa Outdoors site.He was begging for any hunting gear,etc.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I think I seen this same guy on the Iowa Outdoors site.He was begging for any hunting gear,etc.
    Ryan Hale

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Ya Ryan he is the same guy and he is a joke. Don’t fall for if folks!

–Whitey

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Ya Ryan he is the same guy and he is a joke. Don’t fall for if folks!

–Whitey

VikeFan

Here is the IO thread that got him booted from there http://www.iowaoutdoors.org/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=7&showtopic=161227. He also popped up at racks&spur.com, although they have since deleted his post after being tipped off. Here he is at the North American Hunting Club site talking someone into buying him a new shotgun web page . Some other IO members have found him at Buckmasters.com and BushnellOutdoors.com. I am not a member of either site, so I couldn’t log in to see it for myself, but I have no doubt it is true. Apparently, Bushnell members are also talking about giving him a shotgun.

This guy may or may not be an outright con artist, but he is definitely taking advantage of people.

VikeFan

Here is the IO thread that got him booted from there http://www.iowaoutdoors.org/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=7&showtopic=161227. He also popped up at racks&spur.com, although they have since deleted his post after being tipped off. Here he is at the North American Hunting Club site talking someone into buying him a new shotgun web page . Some other IO members have found him at Buckmasters.com and BushnellOutdoors.com. I am not a member of either site, so I couldn’t log in to see it for myself, but I have no doubt it is true. Apparently, Bushnell members are also talking about giving him a shotgun.

This guy may or may not be an outright con artist, but he is definitely taking advantage of people.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

I might have seen this same guy on buckmasters.com

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

I might have seen this same guy on buckmasters.com

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

A few years back a couple Marines(?) came through our town collecting money for the disabled. They were supposedly swimming the Mississippi a borther of mine and myself were even going to swim a portion with them (being Marines ourselves) they never showed up and scammed the town out of a few hundred bucks. So you never know!

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

A few years back a couple Marines(?) came through our town collecting money for the disabled. They were supposedly swimming the Mississippi a borther of mine and myself were even going to swim a portion with them (being Marines ourselves) they never showed up and scammed the town out of a few hundred bucks. So you never know!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

This scum bag probably was never even in the military!

These types of people are at the top of my list of “people who deserve tragic accidents”.

I am a “Disabled Vet” as the VA has deemed that my hearing loss and bad knee make me 30% disabled so this kinda stuff REALLY agrivates me since I go to work every day and don’t ask anyone for anything.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

This scum bag probably was never even in the military!

These types of people are at the top of my list of “people who deserve tragic accidents”.

I am a “Disabled Vet” as the VA has deemed that my hearing loss and bad knee make me 30% disabled so this kinda stuff REALLY agrivates me since I go to work every day and don’t ask anyone for anything.

shaley
    Milford IA

He was on Bushnell and also NACH he also contacted a couple of Orgs that are set up to help disabled and medicaly handicap people, One was the org I work for the other was a good friend of mine, We didnt accept his application or this scam would have been found sooner than it was. But he did use our names in some popsts to further his endeavors I have his address someplace if anyone wants

shaley
    Milford IA

He was on Bushnell and also NACH he also contacted a couple of Orgs that are set up to help disabled and medicaly handicap people, One was the org I work for the other was a good friend of mine, We didnt accept his application or this scam would have been found sooner than it was. But he did use our names in some popsts to further his endeavors I have his address someplace if anyone wants

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.