Beretta Xtrema 2

• buckshot
    Rochester, MN

First off I want to thank everyone that gave me their feedback when I asked which way to go Benelli or Beretta.

I looked long and hard and compared Benelli, Beretta, Browning and Winchester….they are all great guns and they all felt good but something about the Xtrema 2 made it feel just right when I held it. I can’t even put my finger on exactly what it was but I spent 30 minutes in the gun shop going between the Beretta and the Benelli hold one pulling it up then the other and back and forth…they both came up perfect but something just felt more right with the Beretta so I purchased it Friday night.

The first rounds through it were duck hunting Sat morning for the Mn opener. First 4 rounds I fired…3 dead birds….1 of the 4 rounds was swating a cripple.
    As right as it felt in the store thinking about what I was doing, it felt so much better when I wasn’t thinking about it…it was right there, I didn’t have to think or adjust…it just fit perfect. Then again…maybe I just got lucky.

Thanks again to all who offered advice!! It all came down to feel….that was the deciding factor.
    John

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Congrats on the new gun, they sure are sweet,.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Congrats on the new gun, they sure are sweet,.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Nothing better then a new gun that shoots as well as it looks. Congrats, and let us know how it turns out for you in the long run. I think I may be in the running for a new gun next year.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Nothing better then a new gun that shoots as well as it looks. Congrats, and let us know how it turns out for you in the long run. I think I may be in the running for a new gun next year.

buckmaster

You did it right………..every gun is different, so one needs to just figure out which one is going to suit them the best. Glad to hear you like it and it sounds like a killing machine.

buckmaster

You did it right………..every gun is different, so one needs to just figure out which one is going to suit them the best. Glad to hear you like it and it sounds like a killing machine.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

It is pretty sweet, I can’t wait for my ND trip in 2 weeks.

My one concern about the Beretta was cleaning it…all the rumors was that it would be more complicated with all the additional parts….well I pulled it apart this evening and was pleasantly suprised to find that including the bolt handle and the pin holding in the trigger assembly there were 9 pieces and it was completely apart and a piece of cake to clean. The bolt handle is a little tricky getting in and out, it doesn’t just pull out like most do so if you get one of these make sure you check the owners manual on getting it out.

Later
    JB

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

It is pretty sweet, I can’t wait for my ND trip in 2 weeks.

My one concern about the Beretta was cleaning it…all the rumors was that it would be more complicated with all the additional parts….well I pulled it apart this evening and was pleasantly suprised to find that including the bolt handle and the pin holding in the trigger assembly there were 9 pieces and it was completely apart and a piece of cake to clean. The bolt handle is a little tricky getting in and out, it doesn’t just pull out like most do so if you get one of these make sure you check the owners manual on getting it out.

Later
    JB

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.