Light for fiber optic sight

• starkj25

does anyone know if there is a light for a fiber optic sight that can clamp on or fit on to any sight.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Yes there are a few out there, however you need to check into the legality of it in the state you are hunting. StarkJ25, look at the Tru-Glo Pin I mentioned in your other post It is made of a gas that lights it. Bring it into a dark room and you will be suprised. Lights up like a light.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Yes there are a few out there, however you need to check into the legality of it in the state you are hunting. StarkJ25, look at the Tru-Glo Pin I mentioned in your other post It is made of a gas that lights it. Bring it into a dark room and you will be suprised. Lights up like a light.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Are they legal in MN?

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Are they legal in MN?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Jetro, They used to be Illegal in MN from what I recall. I just glanced over the book and saw no mention of them. So I would like to say that they are legal in MN. I would still probalby ask youre local CO to be sure. These guys are usually pretty decent guys and love to Hunt and Fish as much as we do and love to answer questions. At least this has been my experience in the past.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Jetro, They used to be Illegal in MN from what I recall. I just glanced over the book and saw no mention of them. So I would like to say that they are legal in MN. I would still probalby ask youre local CO to be sure. These guys are usually pretty decent guys and love to Hunt and Fish as much as we do and love to answer questions. At least this has been my experience in the past.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I truly don’t see the need for a light on a fiber optic site. Those things stay pretty well lit well into after hunting hours and when you can see your pins in the morning it is usually getting into hunting hours. So to me there should be no need……

krisko
    Durand, WI

I truly don’t see the need for a light on a fiber optic site. Those things stay pretty well lit well into after hunting hours and when you can see your pins in the morning it is usually getting into hunting hours. So to me there should be no need……

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

If I remember they became legal in MN since the red dot scopes came on the market.

Krisko I agree with you, to a point, but I have been out on some dark mornings/evevnings, where it has been “Legal Shooting” time and with the regular Fiber Optic pins I have not been able to see my pin well enough on a deer. That is the reason I got the Tritranium (sp) sight by Tru Glo. Cause some states did not allow you to have a battery operated device to light up your pins. I hunt a few different states and did not want to hassle with checking legalities every year on this subject. Bawanna Archery in Little Canda, MN has sold these battery operated lights in the past. I know my brother got one a few years back.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

If I remember they became legal in MN since the red dot scopes came on the market.

Krisko I agree with you, to a point, but I have been out on some dark mornings/evevnings, where it has been “Legal Shooting” time and with the regular Fiber Optic pins I have not been able to see my pin well enough on a deer. That is the reason I got the Tritranium (sp) sight by Tru Glo. Cause some states did not allow you to have a battery operated device to light up your pins. I hunt a few different states and did not want to hassle with checking legalities every year on this subject. Bawanna Archery in Little Canda, MN has sold these battery operated lights in the past. I know my brother got one a few years back.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Have to disagree with you Krisko. In my territory, alot of the deer activity occurs during low light conditions. Most of my evening practice has shown me I am need of a better sight or an addition of a light source. I will be looking into them.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Have to disagree with you Krisko. In my territory, alot of the deer activity occurs during low light conditions. Most of my evening practice has shown me I am need of a better sight or an addition of a light source. I will be looking into them.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Jetro,

I hit the honey Pot. Her eyou go. They have the sight I was talking to you and also the light. Clicke here TRU GLO

Hope this helps.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Jetro,

I hit the honey Pot. Her eyou go. They have the sight I was talking to you and also the light. Clicke here TRU GLO

Hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.