Fiber optic sight

• starkj25

I bought a Vital Bow Gear sight this spring and after all summer long of shooting the fiber optic thread cracked on the bottom where it made the corner to come up and make the pin, now when i tried to unwrap it and pull some more thread through it cracks. Does anyone know if i can heat it up to make it flexible, or does anyone know where i can buy some more of the fiber optic.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

I know the economy is bad and money is tight but your probably should just go and get a new sight,even if you have to get a less expensive sight it wiil still be better than a broken one.If there is a money issue you can always get a better 1.But right now it’s time to
    HUNT

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

I know the economy is bad and money is tight but your probably should just go and get a new sight,even if you have to get a less expensive sight it wiil still be better than a broken one.If there is a money issue you can always get a better 1.But right now it’s time to
    HUNT

blufloyd

I just shopped around. Ended up with the 10 dollar one at wally world.
    Can’t see what makes one better than other.

blufloyd

I just shopped around. Ended up with the 10 dollar one at wally world.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

They all seem to be the same until, the moment of truth. While practicing, it is hard to see any differences. But, at the moment of truth when the light is low (dawn/dusk) is when these sights truly show their colors or perhaps don’t show you there colors . My pins differ in sizes for different ranges, but my 20 yard pin is a size .4 and is a Tru-Glo sight with Tritranium (sp?) gas in it. This thing lights up even on the way in to the tree in the morning when it is pitch black. I don’t have no problem seeing my pin in low light like many hunters. My problem is seeing through my peep. If I can’t see through my peep, I know it is to early or late (not legal shooting hour). The rest of my pins are .29 size for my 30 yard, and .19 size for my 40 and 50 yards pins. These pins are just regular Tru-Glo fiber Optic pins.

My Tritanium sight has no doubt paid dividens. Two years ago in ND at last light I was able to still see that sight but not my regular Fiber Optic pins. When that buck came to 20 yards and kept coming at very last light, I knew NOT ALL PINS ARE THE SAME . Needless to say, I harvested that buck on a very memorable hunt that I will soon not forget. Picture perfect. November 3rd, near blizzard conditions, hunting a bottle neck and the chasing phase of the rut was definitly on.

Bring on October 15 – November 15

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

They all seem to be the same until, the moment of truth. While practicing, it is hard to see any differences. But, at the moment of truth when the light is low (dawn/dusk) is when these sights truly show their colors or perhaps don’t show you there colors . My pins differ in sizes for different ranges, but my 20 yard pin is a size .4 and is a Tru-Glo sight with Tritranium (sp?) gas in it. This thing lights up even on the way in to the tree in the morning when it is pitch black. I don’t have no problem seeing my pin in low light like many hunters. My problem is seeing through my peep. If I can’t see through my peep, I know it is to early or late (not legal shooting hour). The rest of my pins are .29 size for my 30 yard, and .19 size for my 40 and 50 yards pins. These pins are just regular Tru-Glo fiber Optic pins.

My Tritanium sight has no doubt paid dividens. Two years ago in ND at last light I was able to still see that sight but not my regular Fiber Optic pins. When that buck came to 20 yards and kept coming at very last light, I knew NOT ALL PINS ARE THE SAME . Needless to say, I harvested that buck on a very memorable hunt that I will soon not forget. Picture perfect. November 3rd, near blizzard conditions, hunting a bottle neck and the chasing phase of the rut was definitly on.

Bring on October 15 – November 15

freitag
    Osseo, WI

Check with your local archery shops. Mine has some fiber optic line in bulk. Just replaced my son’s fiber optic.

freitag
    Osseo, WI

Check with your local archery shops. Mine has some fiber optic line in bulk. Just replaced my son’s fiber optic.

starkj25

Is the archery shop called F&D archery
    Or does anyone know if Mouldy’s in chippewa falls has some or anywhere else around the area

starkj25

Is the archery shop called F&D archery
    Or does anyone know if Mouldy’s in chippewa falls has some or anywhere else around the area

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.