Hunting boots

• Brady Valberg

In the market for some new hunting boots for deer hunting in sodak. Looking at probably 800-1000g…mostly treestand and groundblind so not a whole lot of activity…usually wear my mickeys in the blind when it’s real cold but also going west river this year so will be doing some hiking. Done alot of research but I’m still in the air…any recommendations for warmth comfort and durability without killing the bank account

Nicholas

Danner pronghorn. I think Reeds is having a sale on them

fishingchallenged

I have been happy with the Irish Setter Big Game Tracker. Comfortable and relatively warm.

Reef W

I have both Danner High Ground and Alsea boots. I really liked the High Ground at first but they have fabric loops for some of the lace eyes that are giving out. The Alsea has all metal eyes and hooks for the laces and a lot more padding in the tongue and cuff. Overall I like the Alsea more now that I’ve had both.

tornadochaser

For west river SD hunting, get a pair of uninsulated boots and a pair of insulated boot covers.
    Irish Setter Vaportrek, Danner Pronghorns, or any of the hiking/hunting hybrids like Kennetrek, crispi, etc if you want to drop some serious coin.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

x2 on Irish Setter Vaportrek’s, my last pair of Irish Setters were 800g and lasted almost 20 years and I wore them for almost all the hunting and ice fishing I did.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If your going to walk a lot the new tennis shoe style is great as opposed to the old leather and sole. I currently have Vaportreks. I also have an old pair of UA Speed Freaks I still use Grouse hunting but they are about shot. Those boots (UA) evolved rapidly so I dont even know what they are like now.

craig s

Love all my Irish setter boots!
    I have a 15 year old pair of elk trackers that are still comfy to wear all day, tread is almost gone but still never get sore feet.

Daniel Jathof
    Adelaide

Does anybody have a winter version of these shoes? I’ll be hunting in the mountains and it’ll be cold. So I collect equipment, do you think such shoe variants will cope well with the cold or not?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.