Head lamp

• corey_waller
    hastings mn

Im looking to get a decent one and thought i would check with the faithfull here and see what everyone likes. Im looking for super bright ad halfway decent run time.

johnee

I’ve had Petzel headlamps since they first came out and IMO the Petzel is the best thing since Maglite made small flashlights reliable when they introduced the Mini Maglite back in the 80s.

Petzels have been absolutely reliable and currently I use the Tikka that has 4 LEDs. I wouldn’t say it’s super bright, but it’s bright enough that I find it great for both sporting use and mechanic work. To me, the weight and size are also important, the Petzels fit into a shirt pocket and weigh a couple of ounces.

The tradeoff is always bright light vs run time. The models that use a single super-bright LED have about half the runtime of the multi-LED lights.

One thing I wish I had was an LED light with a red light so it didn’t kill your night vision.

Grouse

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

This is what I use for Yote hunting it will light up a dog up to 130 yards with out any problem. On low battery life is pretty good .

I cannot get the darn link to work do search on Ebay for 18650 Headlight 5W Cree They can be bought for $19.65 delivered these light are unbelievable for the price They come with 2 batteries and charger for that price. These lights get rave reviews from the guys on Preditormaster forum for night hunting or just about anything else.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Best I have found as far as brightness and run time Eddie Bauer

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

So much for a consensus!

timmy

To further muddy the waters…… Check out LED Lenser models. I have an H7. It runs off 3 AAA’s and is unbelievably bright. For something so small and lightweight, it is deceivingly bright – and has a reostat switch on the battery pack to dimming when you don’t need to light up the night. I paid about $30 for it and it comes with a little case and Duracell batteries. LED Lenser makes some awesome lights.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

LED Lenser makes some awesome lights.

I’ve wondered about them. Thanks for the review.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.